Answered

Pocketcasts - can't play

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 replies

In the last couple of days, I have had problems playing any Pocketcasts episodes on my Sonos speakers.  I have tried multiple speakers and all of them get an “Error adding songs to the queue”.  All speakers can play other content, like Spotify.  Is this an overall Sonos/Pocketcasts issue?

icon

Best answer by Mark P 22 January 2021, 00:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Mike Feinstein.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Theirs an ongoing issue right now with Pocketcasts, I forwarded your concern to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I am having similar problems.  Although Sonos has not completely stopped playing podcasts from Pocketcasts, it is so frequent that Sonos gives me the “Song not encoded correctly” error after a pause, that I’m wondering what is going on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Rafster-22.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

So far theres no known issue for pocketcast, normally if this is an outage it will show up right away here.

I’d be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes and test it again

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.