Answered

Please solve this!! Error 701 Can't add songs to the queue

• 10 March 2024
  • 4 replies

This is from Sonos end and a link between spotify.

This is not network related!
I have lives in 3 different countries; Belgium, Netherlands & Malta. 
So my dns was different as my network to. Ive tried multiple network settings.

The problem is everywhere the same with Spotify - Liked songs.

Playing music from the Spotify app to sonos is not a problem but I don’t like this way because it’s lags.

Tried it with different devices; Iphone, Android, Windows, iMac… nothing changes.
Also made a new Sonos account and connected my Spotify and that from my wife and the result is the same. The liked song from Spotify give an “Error 701 Can't add songs to the queue”.

On Spotify’s behave I can’t find a topic nor a solution.

I had also considered to undouble my Spotify playlist and liked songs and this was without any results.

I have Beam Gen 2, Roam, 2 Play1. 

On all the devices it’s the same result. 

I have called in no one can help me. They say it’s sonos fault. But this is basic understanding it’s up to sonos to solve this problem.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 March 2024, 10:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure what you are trying to do here. You are using te Spotify app and get a Sonos error message? How many songs are in you “liked songs” on Spotify?

Not sure what you are trying to do here. You are using te Spotify app and get a Sonos error message? How many songs are in you “liked songs” on Spotify?

I'm trying to play my liked song from the sonos app.

It works from Spotify to select a speaker and play like this the playlist but it lags.

That's why I prefer to navigate in my sonos app - Spotify- liked sonos  and make use like that. (That's when I get my error)

In my liked song are +850 songs present. What they told me on the phone, it would be problem that I have +850 songs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There’s indeed a maximum size to a Spotify playlist, see 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tys001 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of an issue whereby playing the Liked playlist on Spotify with more than 700 songs will result in the 701 error you saw. We are investigating, but have no ETA for when a fix will be implemented.

In the meantime, we recommend you use the Spotify app to play this particular playlist to Sonos.

I hope this helps.