Answered

Playlists on Android App missing

• 11 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

When will Sonos be fixing the playlists on the android? They work fine on the Desktop app:

Sonos Playlists on Desktop App work fine.
No Playlists on Android.

Not here either.
Nor here.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 June 2023, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Your Sonos playlists are under Favorites (Star tab at the bottom of the app).

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Your Sonos playlists are under Favorites (Star tab at the bottom of the app).

As you can see in the Favorites screenshot above (Star tab) there is nothing listed. The only way I can get any of my playlist to list in there is to start them from my PC app and then close and re-open the app on Android and then what ever playlist I played will show 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SirDigitalKnight 

Thanks for your post!

The app’s list of favourited playlists is maintained by the speakers - it seems, for some reason, the info is not reaching the app. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Before doing so, however, I would definitely recommend trying a reboot of your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. Rebooting your speakers afterwards may also help.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply. I did reach out to Sonos technical support and they had me reset the app and then restart the app and set it back up again. That brought the Sonos Playlists back for awhile but then they went away again so I had to reset it again. I am going to try and figure out what is making them go away and then I will be back in touch with them to see if we can get to the bottom of this issue but I think it has to due with accessing the playlists from the Desktop app and then going back into the Android app to access them and they are gone. It might also have to do with the “sign in to see recently played” on the Android app but not 100 percent sure just yet… I have been able to reproduce the problem so that is a step in the right direction! 😎

The playlists exist on the speakers, the controllers, both android and desktop apps are just remote controls that log in and display the data they’re fed back by the speakers. If you’ve got one that’s showing information, and one that’s not, that suggests some sort of networking disruption so that when the speaker is trying to send all the data, it gets interrupted. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

The playlists exist on the speakers, the controllers, both android and desktop apps are just remote controls that log in and display the data they’re fed back by the speakers. If you’ve got one that’s showing information, and one that’s not, that suggests some sort of networking disruption so that when the speaker is trying to send all the data, it gets interrupted. 

Ok, so what your a telling me is that even though the Laptop with the desktop Sonos App which is connected to the exact same WiFi network as all of my 4 Android devices, it is something with the exact same WiFi signal that is effecting all of my Android devices and not my Laptop? Any clue as to what exactly in the WiFi signal could only be effecting the Android devices? Let me know what I could test as far as Router Settings. I am still testing “Sign in to see your Recently Played content here” on my 4 Android devices to see if that effects it any, because when the Playlist disappear all the “Recently Played” still show on the Android app so I guess that is stored separately than the Sonos Playlist on the  2 Sonos Connects (v2s)?  As you can see on my attached 3 screen grabs from today the Sonos Playlists show just fine when I am not signed in (first screen grab) then after I sign in both “Recently Played” and the “Sonos Playlists” will show (second screen grab) and then after I close the Sonos Android App and re-open it the Sonos Playlist simple just vanish (third screen grab) and will not come back until I reset the Sonos Android App: 

NOT SIGNED IN

SIGNED INTO MY SONOS ACCOUNT
​​​​​
AFTER CLOSING AND RE-OPENING THE SONOS ANDROID APP