Skip to main content
Question

Playlists in New App

• 16 July 2024
  • 4 replies

So I see lots of “old” (i.e., several weeks old) threads on missing playlists and no resolution.

System forced update yesterday, finally, and yes my playlists are all gone.

Are they gone gone? Like, the actual list will never be found? Because I have lots of playlists and, of course, had no way to back them up.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unless you factory reset all of your devices, they are still there.

You can play them with my iOS app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/phonos-plus/id1511326524

You can also back them up and restore them too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Only Android and PC family here. Is there a comparable way to back ‘em up?

Thanks

Different note: You know what would be super-helpful to your customers, Sonos? If you made a task list of every feature ever - and then listed “Still in app,” “Gone from app and never coming back,” and “Coming back on dd-Mmm.” And then kept that task list visible to users and updated. Then we wouldn’t have to keep bitching in the forum. (I mean, we will, but we can be more informed.) And you know how I know you won’t do it? Because it would be super-helpful to your customers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Probably this is too late for you now, but it is possible to avoid “forced” updates within system settings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I held off as long as I could, but I sold my car, which meant my Sirius account went all flibbertigibbit, which meant I needed to reauthorize it on Sonos… Which could only be done in the new app.