Question

Play in Another Room

• 5 June 2024
  • 6 replies

The old app had the ability to “play in another room” by clicking the three dots to the right of a song or such.  Is this hurried in the new app, or coming, or what?

6 replies

Sorry, but I do not recall that option available from the 3 little dots.  The way you played in another room on the old app was to tap on the Grouping icon, then select what rooms you wish to play, then tap Done.

On the new app, it’s basically the same thing:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

I do not think I am making this up.  I used it all the time to play musing for my daughter in another room while I was playing something else somewhere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

On the Now Playing Screen, tap the room name at the bottom next to the icon of two speakers. This brings up the grouping screen where you can tick or untick the rooms you want the music to play that music in. 

(You can also just tap the same two speaker icon at the bottom of the Home Screen.)

Edit: To just select one room to play music in, tap the name of your system (top left on the Home Screen) and choose the room/speaker. Then whatever music you select will play in that room.

I do not think I am making this up.  I used it all the time to play musing for my daughter in another room while I was playing something else somewhere else.

Is the source of the music coming from a aux input, a turntable perhaps?  I could be way off, as I don’t use aux input, but you can play the audio from an aux input in a different room that where the turntable is connected.  This sounds like what you’re referring to.

No, off a service (Apple Music).  This was a thing!  See: 

I know what you mean Dehbach. I’m also experiencing the same issue. The 3 dots used to give you options to view the album info of a song, play that song in another room, save to a playlist, etc etc.