Skip to main content
Answered

play all/shuffle all?

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Why does your platform not shuffle all, in any of your tabs?  This has been driving me mad for ages. This makes no sense and even when you have the opportunity to shuffle in a playlist, invariably it never plays all the playlist and will repeat songs already played? It’s a great product, but the app falls short of allowing you listening pleasure of play all? Please sort this out. In this era, your app is not capable of understanding the simple command of play all, unless it’s a playlist and even then it fails on occasion. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps see if using the Sonos queue shuffle feature resolves your issue… see this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/shuffle-repeat-and-crossfade-songs

The ability to shuffle is going to depend on the streaming service you’re using, the context, and whether the service chooses to implement the feature in Sonos.  For example, you obviously can’t shuffle a radio station, or the entire library of a service.  I use  shuffle to play my entire Plex library, but I’m not sure if that feature is available if you play from local library.  I’ll also use shuffle, usually Amazon,  within a service playlist.

I have used shuffle within the Sonos queue at times, but I typically don’t use that feature and am not 100% certain what you can and can’t do with it.