Skip to main content
Question

Personal music library features removed in the new May 7 2024 app version

The new “improved” app version seemed to wreck all of the features that made a personal music library on Sonos usable. Two major problems:

1. There is no way to search your own personal music library anymore
  2. Browsing your personal music library is extremely painful if you have thousands of albums. We used to be able to zoom in by first letter. Now if you want something beginning with a “T”, you have to scroll through hundreds of screens worth from “A”.

Has anyone found a workaround for these?

I know Sonos has been optimizing for streaming services these days. But completely abandoning support for your own hosted music library was not what I expected.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Doing bad work is not an excuse to not do good work.

Huh?  😕

I’m never not going to not understand that. 

I’m never not going to not understand that. 

I’m not neither.

Seriously, what a f#%&ing disgrace. How do I get the old App back… maybe better yet, how do I get my money back on the 11 devices I own!!

I think it is time to organize and start writing negative reviews on app services and resellers.  I put my faith and money in Sonos continuing to function as a speaker system for MY music.  NOT someone else’s streaming services.  My speakers are essentially bricks.  This is theft!

Userlevel 1

I have just received my WIIM ULTRA’S (8 of them) to replace my entire SONOS SYSTEM. 

I am purchasing small AMPS from EMOTIVA A2 BASX FLEX, using Trigger In/Out, and adding amazing small speakers from www.philharmonicaudio.com 

The Philharmonic MINI speakers $380

The Emotiva Amp $260

The WIIM ULTRA $329

====================

A complete system for  $969

The sound is MASSIVELY MASSIVELY BETTER than the old Sonos Equipment (PLAY 5 and such). 

If you already have AMPS or SPEAKERS.. then the WIIM ULTRA has blown me away. 

I had 3 WIIM ULTRAS up and going from BOX to installed in less than 15 minutes.  And it has been working flawlessly.   

Also I provided FEEDBACK to WIIM on my first day, some suggestions, and they already replied that those requested features are already in the NEXT RELEASE.. 

Never in the past 10 years has SONOS cared about their clients like WIIM seems to be CARING!

I hope this inspires many SONOS V1 CUSTOMERS to skip SONOS V1 and go directly to anything other than SONOS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Zphvrq 

i have a WiiM mini connected to my 5s system and I agree with you it’s a great device and application with responsive support 👍

New app is so, so bad. Can’t play my music library that I have worked on for the last 10 years?  What a joke. 

I have e a solution though!  Bring back the old app and give users the choice of running either. 

Userlevel 1

It's been 1 week now with my WiiM Ultra streamer/preamp.

I have 8 of them throughout my house, including listening room.

Wifi/Lan connections and everything is playing Massively better than with Sonos.

No skipping, no stuttering. Playing 192k 24bit music natively and no problems.

I feel the best message for Sonos is for people to simply stop using it.  Stop buying it, and to stop trying to TEACH A CORPORATE DOG new tricks.

They don't care enough to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to solve a problem for their users, after making a big mistake.

Anyway.. my Sonos are going to Goodwill next week.   Even for that I feel a bit guilty.  May just take to Staples for recycling.. 

Anyway everyone, there is a world without Sonos, and it's better.