Answered

Par tcl remote with sonos arc

• 17 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Sonos app don't find the tcl 65c825 remote, can not par it. 

I can only use the remote when I have the hdmi connected at an arc port. And the TV most be on, use an app.

If I turn off the TV can't use the controller or use the sonos with mine pc /mobile, the TV controller does not work.

Can someone help me please. I think I need to return it to sonos, because this is very disappointing by sonos.

Regards 

Lars Olav Tungesvik 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 May 2023, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not sure I’m completely understanding your issue, but the TV remote will only work for the Sonos ‘room’ that has the TV connected to it via HDMI ARC. It can not be used to control other Sonos ‘rooms’ or components. 

The remote to mine TLC tv (tcl 65c825) can not par wiith my new sonos Arc. The sonos app can not find my remote when i try to par it.

Not sure why you’re not using the HDMI-ARC connection to have the TV and remote communicate with the Arc. That’s the way I would be doing it, via CEC (HDMI-ARC). 

But if you’re trying to force the Sonos to recognize the remote, rather than the TV sending the information, you’re liable to have to tell the TV to change the connection method of the remote from Bluetooth or RF to IR (Infra-Red). There should be instructions in the TV’s manual on how to do that.

I also got my sonos arc for only music. So when i turn of the tv, i cant use the remote any more. Thats why i need to par my tcl  ruko smart remote. 

I don’t think the Arc’s IR receiver is turned ‘on’ when it isn’t on the TV input. I don’t think you are going to be able to achieve what you want.

Sonos is not designed to use external remotes, except for TV inputs, and then only on their sound bars. You’d need to stay with the Sonos controller, on your mobile device, or desktop device.