Answered

Pandora Playback - begins song, restarts song then skips song

• 13 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 181 replies

Curious if the users or veterans of the forum have run into this issue, heard of it at all or have any suggestions to offer. 

This has been an ongoing issue for 8+ months. System has been deployed for about 5 years.   I will explain as it occurred today as I’m not sure any of the steps play a role.  

I was listening to Pandora, paused playback to step away which I did for 10-15 minutes. Upon return I continued playback and the song I was listening to continued until the end. The next song plays for about 5 seconds then stops then restarts from the beginning and plays for another five seconds then the track is skipped.  

This is a relatively minor issue but when a track your looking forward to gets skipped its annoying, I guess you could say today I wasnt having it and thought I should seek additional information.

This is not a case of songs playing halfway or three quarters as I dont experience this issue and have zero other issues with sonos, overall I consider my system setup very stable and responsive.

I spoke with support who didn’t offer much, I changed the Sonos channel as they requested, I will try other services to see if this occurs there,  and it was recommended I hardwire more devices if possible. 

In the meantime I will monitor the issue and try to pay closer attention of events leading up to the problem

Thanks for your consideration. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 December 2023, 20:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Unplug all your Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router. Wait two minutes, then plug your Sonos devices back in, wait another two minutes, then test.

If this fixes the problem, look in to the router’s manual on how to set up reserved IP addresses, and do so. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you for the suggestion. IP addresses already reserved.

Also as Im now full time digging into this I can confirm if I pause a song halfway through set a timer for 15 min, resume the song the next song will play 5 seconds restart, play 5 seconds again and skip.

I think it will occur if im listening for hours on its own but for now well just stick with the verified info above only. 

Interesting. That certainly suggests remaining wifi interference , but a diagnostic submitted to Sonos, followed up by a call Sonos Support directly to discuss it seems more likely to uncover the issue, then. Of course, Sonos has no control over Pandora’s servers, if that’s where the issue is originating.