Answered

Pandora casting doesn't hold

• 15 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Since I received a Sonos Move for Christmas, our enthusiasm led us to add two Sonos Ones and a Sonos Roam.  We’re pretty excited, because when we can get sound to come out, they’re great!  Over time however, I keep running into a specific point of frustration.

I’m on Android (Galaxy S21; fully updated), and my preferred music service is Pandora (fully updated and cache cleared).  I can get music to play via the casting option within Pandora for about 5 to 8 songs, but then it appears a disconnection occurs.  Sometimes it tells me that I’ve lost connection.  Other times, it tells me that someone else is streaming from my account, but they’re not as it appears that the Sonos app is trying to play Pandora.  Other times, it simply becomes unresponsive and seems to lock up.  

I’ve read through lots of threads here trying to find answers.  Music seems to play just fine through the Sonos app, but I lose a lot of functionality: can’t see what songs came before, thumbs up doesn’t seem to work well, can’t fast forward or back up within a song that’s playing, can’t add a song to a playlist.  I like the features of Pandora.  Is there a way to get the casting to work properly?  I’ve cleared the cache on Pandora several times, but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. 

Not sure if it matters, but we have a Unifi internet system with 4 access points (system is fully updated and rebooted).  

Thanks, 

Charles

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 February 2023, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RocketTurtle 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try the following steps:

1. Log into the UniFi controller
  2. Click the Settings tab on the left sidebar
  3. Click WiFi under the Settings page
  4. Click on the network SSID. Note: if there are multiple SSIDs that the players and controllers connect to, the same will need to be done for each SSID.
    image.png

5. Scroll down to Advanced Configuration and set it to Manual
  6. Verify and confirm that WiFi Type is set to Standard
    image.png

7. Click on the Apply Changes button at the bottom of the page.
  8. Click on Settings > Networks and select the network that Sonos is being set on.
    image.png

9. Scroll down to Advanced Configuration and set it to Manual
  10. Verify and confirm that Network Type is set to Standard and IGMP Snooping is enabled.
    IGMP_Snooping1.png
  11. Disable the following options by unchecking the Enable option:
    1. Multicast and Broadcast Control (blocks all multicast and broadcast for non-listed devices).
    2. Multicast Enhancement (converts multicast to unicast when possible).
    3. Client Device Isolation (prevents wireless client on the same AP from communicating with each other).
    4. Proxy ARP (converts broadcast to unicast when possible).
      image.png
  12. Once completed, allow up to a minute for the AP to provision (apply the settings) and restore online connection, then proceed to the connection or setup of the Sonos system.

If you still encounter problems, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.  Will attempt this configuration. I appreciate your time.

Best wishes,

Charles