Skip to main content

I upgraded to Sonos from a speaker switch/amp and iPhone setup - which I am woefully regretting.

We have a Sonos Amp with 6 satellite speakers, as well as two Sonos One speakers inside a 2000 square foot building on one floor - and, of course, nothing works consistently for longer than a few hours at a time. We stream Apple Music and use a single playlist on shuffle.

Looking for input on another solution perhaps with an iPod shuffle or old iPhone with MP3 files on it. The Sonos equipment can’t seem to handle streaming without a half dozen disconnection issues every day, so I’m hoping someone has found an old school way of listening to music on this craptastic system.

How are you accessing Apple music currently?  Are you streaming directly through the Sonos app, using airplay, or connecting iPod or iPhone to the aux input on the amp? I would recommend streaming directly from Sonos app.  If you are having trouble with that, then I would create a diagnostic right after music stops playing and then contact Sonos  so they can use that info to troubleshoot.

Are you in a home or a business?  Are there many other wifi networks nearby?