Skip to main content

Suddenly, only 2 locations out of 5 are showing in my android app. They all show on my desktop and I can control them from there. I’ve restarted the phone several times but only recovered 1 location (only 1 showed initially). I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do from here to bring the locations back. Any thoughts?

Give us more information about your system.

Which SONOS models? Are they wired or wireless? PC or Mac desktop? Wired desktop? Which router? Are there any WiFi mesh points?

Buzz,

All of a sudden, everything is back on the app. I have no idea why, but I guess I’m good for now. But I’m running 4 Play 1’s and a connect Amp. One of the play 1’s and the connect was showing up but not the others. I’m on a Win 11 with a mesh system using TP Lynk’s. All of the speakers are working again. go figure. Thanks for answering up, though.

Might not be your problem but for many folks adding static/reserved DHCP addresses for their Sonos devices has reduced the random oddness that is so frustrating to diagnose. Only takes a few minutes and a reboot of the Sonos and router to get it working.

See your router’s DHCP settings page for instructions.

Get a better router. Your current one cannot handle devices on different frequencies correctly. Or you could simply disable 5GHz on the router to make devices never switch frequencies.

Thanks for the advice. I have a pretty expensive router and am familiar with the address conflicts that occur occasionally. We have a lot of thunder storms in our area and losing internet service for short periods of time is not uncommon, which means running the shutdown/restart process to assign new addresses to the SONOS products. That wasn’t the case this time. I could run everything just fine from the desktop, it was the phone app that was messed up. All locations operated perfectly through the desktop. Weird.

Thanks for the advice. I have a pretty expensive router and am familiar with the address conflicts that occur occasionally. We have a lot of thunder storms in our area and losing internet service for short periods of time is not uncommon, which means running the shutdown/restart process to assign new addresses to the SONOS products. That wasn’t the case this time. I could run everything just fine from the desktop, it was the phone app that was messed up. All locations operated perfectly through the desktop. Weird.

Router quality is not a function of cost. Also the overpriced ones often come with a ton of settings whose defaults make them a serious problem for Sonos. Please, tell me you don’t have a Ubiquiti router?

That wasn’t the case this time. I could run everything just fine from the desktop, it was the phone app that was messed up. All locations operated perfectly through the desktop. Weird.

Not weird at all, see my earlier reply, its all to do with devices on different frequencies, and how some routers screw that up.

Nope, I’ve got an Archer AX1100 by TP Lynk. Everything runs on 2.4.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/271216

Thanks for the link: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/271216

I am using a WIFI mesh system and have one of the Play 1s connected directly to the system. SONOS tech support helped me set this system up correctly and walked me through the process to get it up and running.  It’s been running for a few years but this is the first time that I lost locations on the App and couldn’t get them back with a phone restart(s). But then out of the blue, they’re back.