Skip to main content
Question

No Selections Are Available

• 19 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Installed the Sonos update and now “no selections are available” in my music library. I removed and added the music library and rebooted the machine. Still no change. Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Where is your library?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hard drive on my pc. Worked fine yesterday before the Sonos Update

\\LAPTOP-JTV4KTHP\Music Library 09-01-15

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

The Sonos update was on the PC app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is the share path you note still shown under “Manage” - “Music Library Settings”?  If so can you index it?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes. I tried updating music  library. it shows indexing for only a few seconds, which I’m assuming means, it isn’t indexing. (My library is about 20G-indexing takes a couple of minutes).  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

My library is on a NAS so i used Browse to find the correct folder.  Just for my interest I went back into Manage - Music Library - Add.  There I saw 3 choices: 1. My Music folder, 2. Drive connected to my computer, 3. Network device NAS. I’m guessing you would want to use “My Music folder”.  When I look at that there are 2 boxes to check: one to add Sonos to firewall and keep computer awake.  Those were checked by default.  When I clicked “Next” I got a 913 error Unable to add shared folder “//PCname/Music” ( because I never set that folder up to share ).  Of course I don’t care about that because my music is not in that folder.  Instead I chose the Network NAS option and was able to Browse to my folder on the NAS.

Your path does not match that basic path //PCname/Music ( found using  This PC/Music ).  Did you manually enter your path using the old app?  I can’t test that on my old phone with the S2 app because all those setup features are grayed out.

What if you transferred your library to This PC / Music then in Properties set that folder up to Share.  At that point try using the option “My Music folder” in the Sonos PC app.  Problem is, in my case, there are other folders in the Music folder including iTunes music which would also be indexed.

The other option would be to put your music on a drive attached to your laptop then use option “2. Drive attached to your computer”.  This would allow you to Browse to the music folder on that drive.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s my understanding that options 1 and 2 don’t work any more with the most recent updates. As I said, it was working fine before the automatic update.  A Sonos tech sent me the set up and it worked perfectly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I did find out from someone on this forum.  If you add an external drive to your computer then Browse to the root folder on that drive using Music Library Settings you may get the wrong path.  He suggested I right click on the root folder in the external drive and choose Properties-Sharing tab then click the Share button and in the dropdown choose Sonos Wireless HiFi System.  Once you have shared the folder that same share page will show the proper path that should be entered.