Skip to main content

All,

my latest diagnostics: *

The new Sonos App removed the classic TuneIn Station and so many radio station cannot be consumed. This is unbelievable. Apart from all the issues with the new app this is the worst.

Now after the latest upgrade from desktop application the old Android app cannot be used anymore - again outrageous! 

I am not interested in using the new App as it does not work properly and removed very important services for me.

What can be done the reset all devices to the previous state so that I an continue using the old app. I dont want to upgrade to a mediocre, service restringing application.

*Moderator Note: Diagnostic number removed* 

Sonos doesn’t own TuneIn, or control the stations that TuneIn offers. Also, there are often stations that chose to remove their agreement with TuneIn, and move to other radio streaming platforms, such as MyRadio and iHeart radio. 

Have you checked with these radio stations to see if they’ve moved streaming services? It could be a simple matter of just adding a new streaming service to your Sonos application, and finding these stations there. Or, you might post the call letter/names of these stations, and hope that someone in this forum will do the research for you. 

While it depends on what device your controller is on, there are many threads that cover how to stay on the old device firmware/software. 

I am not interested in using the new App as it does not work properly and removed very important services for me.

What can be done the reset all devices to the previous state so that I an continue using the old app. I dont want to upgrade to a mediocre, service restringing application.

*Moderator Note: Diagnostic number removed* 

My understanding is they have removed the old TuneIn and you have to use the new one.  The only way to roll back is to go to S1. Unfortunately they don’t provide a way to do this now. 

Sonos doesn’t own TuneIn, or control the stations that TuneIn offers. Also, there are often stations that chose to remove their agreement with TuneIn, and move to other radio streaming platforms, such as MyRadio and iHeart radio.

However, it was the Sonos Desktop app that deleted the TuneIn radio stations that people had saved on their systems. There was no excuse (or warning) for that.

Have you checked with these radio stations to see if they’ve moved streaming services? It could be a simple matter of just adding a new streaming service to your Sonos application, and finding these stations there. Or, you might post the call letter/names of these stations, and hope that someone in this forum will do the research for you. 

While it depends on what device your controller is on, there are many threads that cover how to stay on the old device firmware/software. 

You should first read and understand the issue properly. Your reply is generic and speculative and does not contribute to the issue at hand.

Rolling back to previous Sonos is not necessary for me. I’ve studied other threads on this forum and find that the old Tunin app is removed and to listen to custom URL is now done differently. First add the custom URL to the tunein service (you need an account there) and then you can see the new created custom URL in Sonos, even with the new app. It is by far not as convenient as before and does not show details. See further information on this thread:

The comment I was responding to was ‘and so many radio station cannot be consumed.’ It has been the case that many radio stations have left TuneIn for other streaming companies. Not sure why that information bothers you so much.