Question

newbie: apple music on sonos

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I’m about a month Into using my Sonos Arc and Sonos One. I’ve been an Apple Music sub for only 3 months, so I’m not really familiar with them ,too. But, I can find albums on Apple that I can’t seem to find using the Sonos connection to Apple. And, today, after finding music on Apple, like NYE 2021 Carl Cox DJ mix, I they look for it in MySonos. I can find one cut from that album, then find the album from that cut, then play the album. It doesn’t show under Recently Played. And when I add it to MySonos, it doesn’t show up. Even though I can go back and try to add it again and the message offered me to remove it from MySonos. Am I doing something wrong here? I do realize that Apple is controlling responses to what I assume are Sonos data requests. 

Does the same thing happen on other services?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @artshotwell.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

You are correct that all music services, not just apple music are in control of their service they are just sending the data to the Sonos application, not so sure if this might be an apple music glitch.

have you already tried to ready tried to uninstall and install the apple music subscription from your Sonos application, even trying a different controller perhaps to see if theirs any difference?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.