Skip to main content

New Sonos App - Recently Played Station Selection (Android App)

• 13 May 2024
  • 6 replies

I can select a station from  MyTuner and it plays fine. 

It appears in my Recently Played list as expected. 

However, subsequently, when I try to select that same station from the Recently Played list I get a message " An error has occurred" and the station does not play.  I can re-select it from MyTuner and it plays again.

6 replies

I’ve got the same error on iOS. Stations play from Favourites but anything selected from Recently Played gives ‘Something went wrong. Try again’ message.

I’ve re-booted the router, and reset the Sonos app but still get the same errors. 

This seems to be fixed now.

Badge

The new app “favorites” and “recently played” functionality is terrible. If you want to listen to any station that is in your favorites or recently played it doesn’t work unless it’s a station through Sonos Radio. Everything else is multiple selections to go back through your source (ie iheartradio) then click through your stations, then select to play. So many extra steps. Shame on you Sonos! New app sucks! 

You are correct. Recently Played and Sonos Favorites (pined) are terrible and don't seem to work for anything but Sonos Radio.

I have used the home screen edit facility (That barely works) to turn them off or push them to the bottom out of the way.

The Sonos Favorites (Not the pined one. . . . And why are there two?) seems to work.

I hope they get this debugged soon.  I'm tired of doing Sonos's testing for them for free!

Userlevel 4

Agree with all above   - Recently played and Favorites not only do not work but because the even exist as selections on the Home Screen are more confusing now than if they removed them completely!  I’d rather not have these options available at all if they are not set up to work.

Really disappointed in Sonos development.  It’s been many weeks now and still no fix for the most basic of features.  If my car radio buttons merely stored what frequency is my favorite but required me to retune to that frequency I’d simply remove the buttons and add a post-it to my dashboard.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I had the same issue with recently played..completely useless since most of the sources are throwing an error message.. Then I went into the menu 'edit home' and suppressed it.

Now it's gone but I wonder where is the option to reactivate if one day they fix all the issues... I suppose they also forgot this!! 😂😂 This app is such a crap that you discover bugs one after the other and you wonder when it'll stop!!!