Skip to main content
Question

New Sonos App can't connect to OneDrive

• 23 May 2024
  • 9 replies

I’ve had my Sonos system connected to my 2TB music library via OneDrive for years. With the new app, I can no longer connect OneDrive. I’ve been using this setup: OneDrive for Sonos (michaeldick.me) which no longer works. 

Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved? It is bad enough I can’t create playlists which I use to sleep and haven’t slept well since the new app came out but now I don’t have access to any of my unique music that isn’t available anywhere but on my OneDrive.

When will this app be fixed and work as well as the previous app?

I have exactly the same problem. 

Are you getting an error message when trying to connect your library (913 maybe)?  If so do a search on this forum. I found a fix that worked for me. 

@Dpaulyn  I have the same problem. The service does not appear at the services page under "All services" (after re-enteting the data in the memory of sonos)

You wrote you have a sollution, I'm very interested :)

I am having the exact same problem. My Sonos system is now limited to only streaming services. I am unable to play my own music.

I have the same issue on a recent fresh build.  I can get the Music folder in once drive added as a library (after setting share permissions on the folder to allow Sonos), but it won’t index, and no music shows up.   I did try the API ‘fix’ at OneDrive for Sonos (michaeldick.me) which did work.  Nice...but I’d hope for the expense of the Sonos system that it would function natively.  Anyone heard about fixes or updates to Sonos app?  PS:  I’m using Windows 11 pro

Copy all your music files to iBroadcast.com and add that to your Sonos system. iBroadcast works with the new mobile app.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

What I did is install an app on my Samsung phone called “AirMusic”

This streams whatever you are listening to via your Sonos speakers.

It’s a great work around for now.

I have the same problem.  The music in my Music folder on OneDrive has the music permanently on the disk, so not accessing the cloud.  I use OneDrive so that my music is always backed up.  When I exit from the OneDrive app, and then relink the music library to Sonos desktop app it still does not work. Is this how it will always be, or is it part of the fixing up that’s being done by Sonos?

Hi @Pellucid, you can certainly use OneDrive to sync/backup your local music folder. Sonos won’t have any awareness of OneDrive doing its thing.

Completely apart of OneDrive, you’ll need to share your music folder, setup the permissions, and then tell Sonos where to find your music …