Skip to main content
Question

New Sonos App Bugs Galore

• 18 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I updated the Sonos App last week and even after the update they made I can’t get any of my speakers recognised or setup. 
the App seems to be absolutely useless.

i have a Sonos Playbar, three Sonos 3, five Sonos 1 and a Sonos Boost.

i have factory reset them all and tried to setup the network again starting with the Boost and although the Boost and Playbar seem to setup, they are not visible on the network at all and haven’t been able to get may of the other speakers set up.

it was all working perfectly fine before the new updated app. Is anyone else having similar issues. It looks to me as if the App has so many bugs in it that it is not fit for purpose and now my speakers are useless!

any advice is appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I am having the same problem. The app is horrible. I’ve called tech support but don’t expect to get through until sometime after the 33rd of Octvember.   
My various speakers (of many types) go in and out, randomly. I have a very good mesh Wi-Fi system so network strength cannot be the issue. Individual speaker volume cannot be changed easily or reliably.  I am very frustrated and angry because I have a significant investment in speakers. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I updated the Sonos App last week and even after the update they made I can’t get any of my speakers recognised or setup. 
the App seems to be absolutely useless.

i have a Sonos Playbar, three Sonos 3, five Sonos 1 and a Sonos Boost.

i have factory reset them all and tried to setup the network again starting with the Boost and although the Boost and Playbar seem to setup, they are not visible on the network at all and haven’t been able to get may of the other speakers set up.

it was all working perfectly fine before the new updated app. Is anyone else having similar issues. It looks to me as if the App has so many bugs in it that it is not fit for purpose and now my speakers are useless!

any advice is appreciated 

Users have found that resetting the app, then reconnecting it helped. You can also try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling.

Many thanks.

Hav etriqed all these solutions.

Have also tried using other devices with teh app and no joy. 

System remains essentially dead although an have managed to set up two out of 8 speakers that intermittently will remain visible with new app if an old version of the app is used and not updated but unable to onboard the rest of them using this app now as sonos have removed privalidges of adding new speakers unless you update the app which I am reluctant to do on another device.

Simply ridiculous and unable to get through on the SONOS help line. Hopeless.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Many thanks.

Hav etriqed all these solutions.

Have also tried using other devices with teh app and no joy. 

System remains essentially dead although an have managed to set up two out of 8 speakers that intermittently will remain visible with new app if an old version of the app is used and not updated but unable to onboard the rest of them using this app now as sonos have removed privalidges of adding new speakers unless you update the app which I am reluctant to do on another device.

Simply ridiculous and unable to get through on the SONOS help line. Hopeless.

If you have a Boost, remove it and if at all possible, connect a main speaker like a soundbar or a Five. D not connect a surround or sub. If this solves your issues. consider how you can make it permanent.