Skip to main content

New SONOS App - Adding to queue

I’m unable to add an album to existing queue. Is this feature gone or am I missing it?

I agree with all of the prior comments. The queue editing is one of the best features of the Sonos app. And the search wasn’t great before but now it’s terrible. The new interface is horribly busy and slow.

I used to highly recommend Sonos to everyone and got many people into it. However, recently  I’ve been teetering on leaving the Sonos ecosystem. I have a lot invested in the Sonos hardware and have upgraded and added many times over the years, but it may be time to move on.

Unless they fix their software SOON!

I forgot to add in my prior post that the volume control has changed for the worse. You have to drill down another level to get to the volume level numbers for each device. Ugh. Again, how could they have released such a DOWNGRADE?!!

Well Sonos!!!

What the hell have you done with this latest app? You’ve had an absolute nightmare here, awful interface, loss of basic functionality (like adding a song to the queue or play track next option) and the whole look and feel seems like you software engineers have had a bash at this after one too many beers.

You need to sack you product owner, re-think how you do agile product development and look at sorting this app out ASAP.

Talk about an own goal!!!!

Hi all, after downloading what quite frankly is the biggest pile of the proverbial ever I am sure I could see my Library from my Mac , but now I can’t has this definitely gone from the devil’s spawn app?

This update is an embarrassment. Brutal. Everywhere I turn, there’s a crucial element missing. 

HOW IS THERE NO ABILITY TO EDIT THE QUEUE? But it’s not like there’s one function missing, they’re all missing … can’t add, can’t remove, can’t slide a song up and down the list … also, can’t access an album or artist by clicking the “…” on a song

Cherry on top … no sleep timer

C’MON MAN!

Agreeing with everyone else. Disgraceful way to treat customers. The app isn't fit for purpose. No queue, it's slow, even trying to change a track is painful and unpredictable. I've given up and am just watching telly instead.

This really needs fixing. Sonos products are very expensive and the app feels very cheap, it was perfect before.

Being unable to edit/add to the queue has completely ruined the the Sonos product for me.

Please update the app asap! Otherwise, I’ll have to move on from Sonos.

This is absolutely bizarre. I really couldn’t believe it, until I found this thread. I could understand that some advanced functionality wasn’t ready at the release, but queue is one of the most fundamental parts of the system. This is like removing volume controls. 

In what kind of insanity made you think this update was even close to being ready for broad release?

Without queues, Sonos is straight up not a functioning system for me. Thankfully, it’s still possible to just use Spotify Connect instead, but this makes me honestly question why on earth I’m buying Sonos products to begin with. Without this update, I would never have even thought about that, so that’s something I guess. Maybe Sonos has played out its role?

The worst app update I have seen in my life. The app was already too bad to begin with now it's practically unusable.

My biggest gripe is - previously I used to be able to play my favorite tracks from tidal in sequence. Now I have to manually add each track that I want to play. The other option for me is to add all the tracks manually to a playlist which is also impractical.  Why did you have to break something which was working as expected?

The worst app update I have seen in my life. The app was already too bad to begin with now it's practically unusable.

My biggest gripe is - previously I used to be able to play my favorite tracks from tidal in sequence. Now I have to manually add each track that I want to play. The other option for me is to add all the tracks manually to a playlist which is also impractical.  Why did you have to break something which was working as expected?

Of all the features I use in the Sonos app, the ability to add to queue is probably the top one. 

My app upgraded automatically and I went to use it for the first time last night when we had friends over.

I couldn’t understand why I was unable to manage the queue. Thought I was being really stupid so came here to find out how to do it and seen this thread.

I genuinely cannot believe they’ve released this app without that functionality being in place. It’s one of the most important things that SONOS does!

They absolutely need to reintroduce the old app as a download option, and flag this new one up as a beta option as that is exactly what it is.

It’s not good enough to say the functionality will be reintroduced further down the line. It needs to be there NOW.

Why is Sonos killing itself?!

The queue feature is completely messed up.  Actually there is no queue.  

What a travesty?!

I am a long time Sonos customer and a stockholder.  I can easily sell the stock but not sure what to do with the speaker system in every room now.

If this queue feature is not coming back or if there is a roll back to the app, I will do both - sell the fricking stock and replace the entire music system.  Thank goodness these are not built into the walls.  

Is this a tacky way to sell more Bluetooth enabled speakers so we use some other app that has better functionality!!

Go get a grip you losers!!

I’m unable to add an album to existing queue. Is this feature gone or am I missing it?

Download the new App….wow who thought to omit one of the key features of Sonos, the ability to add to a queue, pretty basic functionality! 

Friends are thinking of buying a complete new Sonos system, I’ve told them not to bother until this is fixed. I’ve had a Sonos system for years now, love it, but boy hope this isn’t the way forward and Sonos are just trying to make it looking blingy and forget functionality. 

The new app...a real backwards step! Hope it’s fixed soon, I see it as an urgent bug fix and not a future enhancement! 

Great time to remind folks about the power of Reviews at their Point of Purchase. Breaks my heart to see new people jumping into this mess and throwing money away while it will be literally months for Sonos to maybe decide to fix their "new UI" interface nightmare, or maybe they won't.  

Download the new App….wow who thought to omit one of the key features of Sonos, the ability to add to a queue, pretty basic functionality! 

Friends are thinking of buying a complete new Sonos system, I’ve told them not to bother until this is fixed. I’ve had a Sonos system for years now, love it, but boy hope this isn’t the way forward and Sonos are just trying to make it looking blingy and forget functionality. 

The new app...a real backwards step! Hope it’s fixed soon, I see it as an urgent bug fix and not a future enhancement! 

Been trying to use the new App all afternoon, not fit for purpose, have you released a Beta version by accident? Doesn’t recognise my Sonos Moves or Roam! 

Please could you send me (and I’d suggest other users) a link so we can get the old version of the App until the new one is actually ready. 

The happiest part of my weekend is remembering that I’ve got an iPad that still has the lovely beige previous version app installed.

Actually allows us to queue up more than 1 track at a time. This is the future!!

Bring back the S2 app that works, please!

This is an absolute JOKE! 

This app is useless! No queue? No way to even add songs to Playlist so I have a workaround for the queue? Windows Media Player 10 has this feature and it's 1000 years old. Also constant "System Not Found" or "Something Went Wrong" errors. Bloated Ugly GUI. Horrible!

I actually don't even use the app anymore. As an Amazon Unlimited, and SiriusXM sub, I just use those apps and cast to different rooms. Way to go Sonos pushing users to competitor apps cause you broke what didn't need to be fixed. It's an embarrassment. 

As soon as Wiim gets SiriusXM support, I'm gone. I always recommended your products. That's already gone. 

This app is useless! No queue? No way to even add songs to Playlist so I have a workaround for the queue? Windows Media Player 10 has this feature and it's 1000 years old. Also constant "System Not Found" or "Something Went Wrong" errors. Bloated Ugly GUI. Horrible!

I actually don't even use the app anymore. As an Amazon Unlimited, and SiriusXM sub, I just use those apps and cast to different rooms. Way to go Sonos pushing users to competitor apps cause you broke what didn't need to be fixed. It's an embarrassment. 

As soon as Wiim gets SiriusXM support, I'm gone. I always recommended your products. That's already gone. 

What is wiim?

What is wiim?

Wiim makes streaming devices like the Connect and Port. I have 4 Connects attached to different AVRs in different rooms for whole house audio. This is what Sonos used to be before they went the speaker route and basically said screw you to the automation crowd. Wiim does everything the Port does at 150 a box without SiriusXM compatibility which I'm hoping they add soon. 

Sorry I screwed up that last reply. Not sure what happened. Newb. 

Unreal! This app has been an abomination for a good while and it is truly amazing that Sonos have made it even worse and more dreadful to use.  Now I have to use the old app on the PC to do anything useful.  Or the already crap old iOS version that is on my iPad that thank heavens I have not “downgraded” to the half-finished new version.

Here’s a tip: don’t release new versions that are not finished and missing a ton of features “returning soon”.  Your customers won’t like it  - duh!

Just checked the update schedule and it says “adding to queue and playing next”. This is not all - we want to be able to edit the queue. Rearrange songs within the queue. In other words, please do the bare minimum and bring back the most basic and useful feature in full.

uh - how about the barest minimum and give us the old app back until this mess is sorted.  I know the old one still works as luckily I have it on an iPad.  Trying to figure out a way to get it back on my iPhone - no luck so far. 🙄

exactly - give us back the app that worked!