Answered

New Sirius XM app and Sonos integration

• 17 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

Is anyone able to have their favorites, identified in the new Sirius XM app (now listed under the library section), appear in the Sonos app? Looks like they need to update the interface between Sonos and Sirius XM to reflect the new structure. The sonos app currently lists what I had tagged as favorites in the old Sirius XM app but there is no way to list them any longer in the sirius XM app or edit them.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 18 December 2023, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @TP_1

I’d recommend bringing this up to Sirius XM as we get your account information, such as favourites, from them and it seems like they haven’t updated what they are sending over.

It’s possible that they have updated this however, and a re-authorization may help. If you go into the Sonos app and head to Settings → Services & Voice → Sirius XM → Reauthorize Account.

I hope the above helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply. I tried the re-auth and the delete/re-add the account but no luck. I will send feedback to SiriusXM that they forgot to update their Sonos integration to match their new favorites/library structure. Hope other will as well to drive the point home.

Tony

Badge +1

Hi @TP_1

I’d recommend bringing this up to Sirius XM as we get your account information, such as favourites, from them and it seems like they haven’t updated what they are sending over.

It’s possible that they have updated this however, and a re-authorization may help. If you go into the Sonos app and head to Settings → Services & Voice → Sirius XM → Reauthorize Account.

I hope the above helps!

FYI They have a new icon that I assume Sonos should update in their apps to represent the SiriusXM service.

Why was the Sirius XM genres list removed from the sonos app? A recent Sonos update did this. I have only “All channels , All extra channels or Favorites” to choose from. Scrolling through 300 stations is silly. Bring back the genres please.  

Not sure this is Sonos. SiriusXM is responsible for shows up in the SiriusXM feed inside the Sonos controller. But if you feel it is a Sonos issue, I would encourage you to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My Sirius xm account was working fine until today, 2/12/24.  It told me to reauthorize my account which I did, but it said my pw was incorrect.  This is not accurate as I can use that same PW to log directly into my sirius account.  I then deleted the app and went to re-add that music service and when I put my credentials in, again, it says my PW is not correct.  I opened a case with support and need to follow-up later today.  My controller is an iPhone running 17.3.1.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Problem was with the password resetting function in Sirius app. Logged in to Sirius Xmas, changed pw again went through the Sonos add music service function and it worked.