Skip to main content

New app will not open

• 30 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi.  The new app does not work properly on my Android phone.   When I try to open the app, all I get is a black page, a white page or a black page with the Sonos logos with both S’s cut off.  The app will just hang in this state for hours.  I have tried restarting my phone, re-installing the app, and opening the app from the “app info” page.  Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?   Thanks.

8 replies

I'm seeing exactly the same, tried everything I can think of. Sorry Mark, not a solution, just hopefully adding traction! 

I am having the same issue ever since the upgrade, I tried every solution 10 times, so frustrating!

Not sure this is the answer, but a while back, there was an issue where the ‘default’ font size on the Android OS was an issue. I’d at least try setting the font size smaller, to see if it makes a difference in this case. You can always switch back if it doesn’t. 

I cannot get the app to open I click my country United kingdom but it will not let me go any further meant to accept after that but will not let me do it I am so frustrated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In your phone settings, set your Display Zoom to Default (if you’re on iOS) and text size to small which should help to allow you to click on Accept. The same has applied recently to an app update that needed to press Accept but some people couldn’t. It was down to display zoom and font size. Hopefully they'll fix this.

Userlevel 1

Same problem on two Motorola G7s very frustrating since my iPad has also quit functioning (too old, minimum iOs not supported). Sonos has a gift for taking something that is working fine and bricking the system. Kudos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So did you adjust your display zoom on the Motorolas?

Userlevel 1

They broke it again - supposed to be fixed on the 22nd… we shall see
I am using the web version

https://play.sonos.com/