Skip to main content

New app slow to update current status

• 10 May 2024
  • 6 replies

The previous versions haven’t been amazing at this. But since the last update, the app is incredibly slow at showing the current status of the system. For example, showing the current track playing when it’s been changed. 

Is it now routing differently?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issues. The new version of the app is awful. No need for the complete redesign, it was ideal before the update. The app is now chronically slow. Such bad lag between selecting a track and not actually playing. Never had this issue before. Even the speakers that have been flawless for a long time are flaky at best, disconnecting randomly and my stereo pairs not working correctly. Very disappointing Sonos, not what I have come to expect. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. So slow that it's practically almost unusable. Change track or volume rakes forever (if it happens at all). Now playing is typically a couple of tracks behind etc. I don't understand how software like this can be released? 

Userlevel 4

What recourse do we have??

Userlevel 2

How can I get back the S2 version of this abominable app 5/2024? Or can I at all?  

Userlevel 4

@Sonos 

I’ve had sonos for many years. As that i have a mix of older and newer devices i remained with the old app. I was first to go to the new app recently and the performance is very bad. Devices are lost and the system is very slow changing tracks.

is it possible to revert or when is an update foreseen?

in each case i wanted to upgrade a number of older devices (and use the older ones in a different place) but that will not occur until i’m sure that it works again flawless.