Skip to main content
Question

New app’s broken amazon music albums

• 30 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Several weeks ago, I was infuriated by the new app and how many features it broke. As others noted Amazon music was almost unusable. At least my vacation has tempered my disappointment a bit. 

Now when I try to play an album from “albums just for you” it plays some other random music by a different artist. At least it’s still jazz, I guess. This new app is laughable.

Is anyone else noticing this behavior? 

Tap album from list, album appears, tap play and something different will play!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I use Amazon music and can play ok. However, it does not let me pin anything to the home/front screen - when I try it goes into favourites but cannot play. Other services such as audible etc are ok. Hopefully all of these bugs will get sorted?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It’s odd that our experiences are different. Did you by chance remove/re-add Amazon music to Sonos? I did because it didn’t seem to be working at all after the update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes I did. There was an issue just after the update and mine didn’t work at all at the time. Maybe delete and re authorise again

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I did already re-auth Amazon after the Sonos app update, so I’m not that hopeful. I will try that when I next have time or patience to waste on Sonos… I’m currently blocking most internet access for my speakers (due to the inane web app and related security issues) so I can’t re-authorize until I take the time to update my firewall.

This update -- or Sonosmageddon as I like to call it -- has wasted countless hours for their customers already.

Same experience for me (Italy, sonos play:3 + connect)

The app update has definitely broken the amazon music interface

I tryed and remove/reinstal my amazon account in the sonos app, but it didn’t work.

I keep getting a very annoying “si è verificato un errore” generic error, no clue as of what’s happening behind the courtains.

I’m very disappointed. I was a sonos enthusiast before.

Any hint?

Thanks

cesare