Question

new app - platlists and playing local folders gone???

• 10 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

What did they do with the Sonos app???

I have a wd my cloud network hdd where i have stored a lot of music.

With the new app i am still able to see all the folders with my music in it on this hdd. The problem is that the play button to play an entire folder is gone so i am only able to play one song after each other.

Also all of my playlists that i had made are gone.

It feels like you buy a car and after a few years the manufacturer takes away the steering wheel... 

I was always very impressed by Sonos but this is gone in minutes when they do something like this!!! 

5 replies

Same here, I don’t need all the Sonos and other radios which can’t even be removed from the home screen. I want to listen to my NAS music which is now impossible. What a crappy change; bring back the old app!

Userlevel 1

Same here, I don’t need all the Sonos and other radios which can’t even be removed from the home screen. I want to listen to my NAS music which is now impossible. What a crappy change; bring back the old app!

I lost all trust in it, really!! Best my speakers are already a few years old. Never Sonos again if they do such things. 

I use an Android smartphone. With the previous app everytime i went back from a folder on my NAS it went completely back to the upper folder so i needed to scroll in the list to get back where i was ended. Very annoying! I posted this in this community and the reaction was that they knew of this problem. This problem stayed there for months. If the actual problems are not solved within a week i think my speakers will end up at the recycling park and i will buy a set of good speakers (fi. B&w) combined with a cheaper system with wifi functionality. Als also will make very bad reviews from Sonos. I really am very disapointed!

Watching these posts

I’m spewing too - I had a playlist I’ve been adding to for years and it’s vanished since I’ve updated the App a couple of days ago.

hopefully it’ll magically reappear

Userlevel 2

This really needs to be fixed!

This is a failure for Sonos