New App - Not what I bought

• 15 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well actually a lot of things has gone totally down the drain with the new app update 

• Alarm
  • Add to queue
  • NAS

Basic features and most of all features that retailers advertised and sold the Sonos products upon, and now it's gone without any notice or any option to opt out of an update that actually, apart from a new look, remives features.

Well I am in DK, bought the Sonos from a retailer covering the Nordic Europe. Should I and all others contact the retailer saying ‘Well this is not what You sold me. The features You told me about are gone. This is not what I bought. I want to return it'

Really Sonos. Either add the features or let user have the ability to down grade.

Also wondering, what was the intend with the new app? How has it succeeded so far 🤷‍♂️

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This feels big enough to warrant a class action lawsuit IMO. You can’t just nuke the stuff we bought.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'll be fine if Trueplay tuning starts working again, but from what I see, Sonos should consider reverting to the old app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just adding another one 🙈

Often playing Radio from a Spotify tune to expirience new Music

How to add a playing Spotify number to a Spotify Playlist 🤷‍♂️

It's just gone like the other stuff.

Wondering whats the purpose of this update other than a a new UI 

Even countes how many clicks front and back in some cases have raised since the RIGHT version.

Can't figure out why what's the purpose of this realese. Absolutely no Enduser involvement 

You want another one 🤷‍♂️ A guest drops by and want to connect to Your Sonos at a Party. They have to login as the Owner of the System to get all features. WTF is this 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 2
Badge

:/