Skip to main content

New app is more than frustrating, really wish I had not updated. I cannot figure out how to play music on my sonos amp

• 15 May 2024
  • 2 replies

After updating(not considering this an upgrade) to the new app I can see all of my devices after having to reboot all amps and my wifi to get the app to function at all. The issue I have now is that the only way I can get music to my amps is to select one of my other devices, start playing music on it and then join the amp to that group. The amps each show “No Music / Queue is Empty” when selected and if I select one of my streaming apps to begin music I get a spinning arrow for a bit when I select the play button and then it just resets back to the play button and nothing happens. This really should not be this difficult, but can anyone tell me how to start streaming to a sonos amp that is showing “No Music / Queue is Empty” without having to start music on another device and then join the amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I manually ran an update on everything last night and now when I try to play to music to a device that is showing “No Music / Queue is Empty” I receive the error “Something Went Wrong” quickly at the top and then it disappears and back to the app with the play button again.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Well, it appears that Sonos support has decided to take a nap on this one or that I am not important enough to respond to. After rebooting literally every device in my home because the new app is not capable, I was able to update all of my devices. Be careful thinking that the app tells you they are all updated, it lies. I got on a support call and they watched me do it, the app said all devices are up to date and the tech said, well they aren’t. After manually unplugging and plugging back in every device including my wifi and modem they were able to get the app working with the exception of one amp which they warrantied. Now the new amp arrives today and neither I nor their support can get it to join my system…! I have a feeling that this new wonderful app is the cause of this as well as I had no issue setting up this system with multiple amps, many speakers as well as an ARC and sub. Congratulations Sonos, you have lost yet another faithful customer as I now must wait until Monday and call back in when advanced support can help me. I can’t wait to see how long that wait queue is going to be.