Skip to main content
Question

New App doesn’t let me sign in.

• 30 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Downloaded the latest version of the app (80.03.07). Using it on iPad. It won’t let me sign in. I try multiple times and it looks like it’s signed in, it shows my account up the top of the ‘account area’ but all other features such as ‘recently played’ tell me to sign in. I have signed out and back in multiple times. I can’t even change EQ settings for my products unless I’m signed in!! What the hell!? If there’s a sign in issue I can’t even control my own products I have paid $1000’s for? Absolute joke. I’ve turned Bluetooth on etc etc. everything is setup fine with relevant permissions. I am on the verge of selling all my Sonos products and going elsewhere because it has been years of technical glitches and issues. The Sonos sound is amazing but your apps and technical glitches are constantly letting the products down. Please fix. Also, while you’re at it, get rid of the annoying Bluetooth pop up when I start the app. I don’t always have Bluetooth on and use my system via wifi. I don’t want to be constantly asked to turn on Bluetooth. If I want to connect a new product (doubtful I’ll buy another Sonos product) to my system then I’ll enable Bluetooth. I never write stuff like this but I’m at my wits end with Sonos over basic stuff. It’s so bad I often find myself never updating your apps (unless forced to) once I have a version that is working perfectly because I’m scared if I update the app it will have glitches. 😡

8 replies

Is there some kind of security running on the iPad, like a VPN client or firewall etc? If so temporarily disable that and see if it perhaps fixes your issue. Also check for device firmware updates in the App. Goto "Settings/System/Manage/System Updates” and run a check.

No I have nothing like that. There is nothing wrong with my network. It is the iPad app. It was previously working and now it is not. 

I have updated the iPad App to the latest version 80.04.04.

I still cannot log into my account. I can’t even do a system/firmware update or anything similar because I can’t log in. You have to log in to do that. 

I am at my wits end with Sonos. Nothing but pain. Do the Sonos staff even read this? 

If this isn’t fixed in the next two weeks I’m selling my entire Sonos system. Absolutely over it. I can’t stand how restrictive this system is. I can’t do anything unless I’m logged in - and if you can’t do that - you’re stuffed! 

SONOS: FIX THIS. I didn’t pay $1000s for a system I can’t use or control! It’s like I don’t even own it? 

No I have nothing like that. There is nothing wrong with my network. It is the iPad app. It was previously working and now it is not. 

I still cannot log into my account. I can’t even do a system/firmware update or anything similar because I can’t log in. You have to log in to do that. 

I am at my wits end with Sonos. Nothing but pain. Do the Sonos staff even read this? 

If this isn’t fixed in the next two weeks I’m selling my entire Sonos system. Absolutely over it. I can’t stand how restrictive this system is. I can’t do anything unless I’m logged in - and if you can’t do that - you’re stuffed! 

SONOS: FIX THIS. I didn’t pay $1000s for a system I can’t use or control! It’s like I don’t even own it? 

The App is working fine here for me on the iPad (as attached) - maybe try a different DNS in your router settings to see if that resolves the matter, both the Google and Cloudflare public servers work, as you might expect.

Unfortunately you might be waiting a long time for whatever bug is causing this to be fixed. 

Have you tried the desktop app? If it works you could download SonoPhone on your iPhone, this is a basic app for Sonos control that actually works. If you are on Android rolling back to 16.1 app still works. 

This is incredibly frustrating. It says up the top when signing in “something went wrong” 

This is incredibly frustrating. It says up the top when signing in “something went wrong” 

SAME. I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED.

Still no help or communication from Sonos staff on here? Customer service non existent it seems. 

Well I’ve made my decision. I’m going to sell all my Sonos speakers and move to a different product. Thanks to your app update I can’t even use the products that I BOUGHT AND OWN simply because your app DOESN’T LET ME LOG IN. What a simple task.. logging in. Not being able to log in renders your ($1000s) speaker system useless. Can’t even change the EQ without logging in lol. Either get rid of the login and make it optional, or actually fix your bug!!

Anyways, bye Sonos. Thanks for the headaches. I’ll be sure to let others know my experience. Maybe they’ll save some cash. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nousername123456789 & @jackiem24 

Please see the other related thread: