Skip to main content

New app disappearing sonos devices

Since new app, I have to re-add the devices (boost, play base, sub, 2x play1) and even after re-adding them many times, they keep disappearing from new app. I am so sick of this new buggy app. Any solutions?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

same for me. Would be interested is anyone from Sonos are reading these posts as so far I have £1000 worth of products which are unusable 

The same for me, we have play:1 play:3 connect boost, i also can't access to my multimedia library.

Terribile app!!!!! Cut very useful  fessure.

If anyone can help on this topic - we also have play 1, play 3 and boost…..  one minute we can see a device and the next gone…. Again..  even one connected with Ethernet cable is missing but I can play from another device even when it’s invisible.   Need help!!.  Not our fault its the weekend and support not around

Same for me. I have two Era 100 which I use independently as radios in different roome. Can’t access my favorites anymore, I can’t find anything in the Sonos list, and the other libraries I uploaded are not accessible. I keep getting the message: “A problem has occurred.” Indeed. There is a major bug with this new app, and I hope it will get to Sonos’ attention as I can’t find any other way to reach them.

I have now got ONE device controller working but only with 3 of my speakers by doing a factory reset.  But even with a fctory reset one device gets added and then disappears 30 seconds lat despite adding using Ethernet cables!!

Same problem … have reinstalled app multiple times … devices come and go … factory resets help briefly but then next time I open the app, they’re gone.  I’ve been a Sonos user for 20 years and this is brutal

I have a very similar problem where it tells me none of my speakers are on the app

Jumping in the queue here.

Play: 5, 3 X Ones and a Beam. Every second morning they're missing from the app.

Dealing with one problem on the app at a time...and having devices must come before functionality and assistant access.

Looking forward to drastic and quick improvement.

It's the same in Japan where I live. It's a worldwide problem. They only promote new headphones and don't fix the problems with existing products. I wonder if the administrators are even watching this community?

Based on what I see, they’re reading every post. Not sure they have much time to respond, due to the increased posts, but I do see them moderating violations of the rules for posting.