Skip to main content

New App affecting response times on Ipad Pro 1st generation

• 23 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I’m probably one of those who mostly haven’t been badly affected by the new app. Either this is because all my speakers are compliant with the S2 platform.

However, - issues

1. Is the volume level indicator coming back at some point ?
  2. Why is my Ipad Pro 1st generation having great difficulty in getting my app info populated  quickly. ? Sometimes , it just seems to be “processing” with a blank screen.  I then close the app and try again.  Normally the 2nd or 3rd time it slowly populates the screen . Didn’t have this problem with the previous version of the app. 
  3. Re above, it’s a bit faster populating  on my Iphone 12 Pro Max..
  4. I have access points all on Wifi 6e..

2 replies

Hello,

I’m probably one of those who mostly haven’t been badly affected by the new app. Either this is because all my speakers are compliant with the S2 platform.

However, - issues

1. Is the volume level indicator coming back at some point ?
  2. Why is my Ipad Pro 1st generation having great difficulty in getting my app info populated  quickly. ? Sometimes , it just seems to be “processing” with a blank screen.  I then close the app and try again.  Normally the 2nd or 3rd time it slowly populates the screen . Didn’t have this problem with the previous version of the app. 
  3. Re above, it’s a bit faster populating  on my Iphone 12 Pro Max..
  4. I have access points all on Wifi 6e..

For #2, I believe that content for some elements of the app are processed online through sonos. As its not done locally on your network there is a bit of lag. But maybe it’s in part due to age of your iPad. 1st Gen iPad Pro is pretty old. But I wouldn’t replace it yet, hopefully Sonos will improve this part of the app in the coming months.

#1 I’m pretty sure Sonos has said this will come back to the app. I can’t find the link to say for sure though.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Bumper.

Just asked in case someone might have a answer at this point but you are right; I’ll hang in there for a bit but prefer to upgrade hardware due to my choice rather than being forced to especially if things working ok just a fortnight ago..

will keep the faith….