Skip to main content

I have invested a lot of money in an extensive Sonos system. For that last 8 years with the old app. it was fine.  Easy to control, responsive and dependable. This new app. is extremely frustrating, it’s slow and unresponsive. A complete disaster.  I would advise anyone NOT to download this new app. and at present NOT to invest in a Sonos product. 

Basic things like adjusting the volume is now painful and almost impossible.  The pause button rarely works, it’s often impossible to turn off the music. This is just the start of a long list of problems. 

Sonos do not appear to appreciate the damage they have done to their brand. How can they release an app. that is so obviously flawed?  How can they not read the room and see that ALL their customers are turning against them?  Why can’t they just offer the old app. for download so that their customers can actually use their system.

I would say that releasing this new app. before it was properly tested amounts to gross negligence and incompetence. 

If you happened to have bought any of your Sonos products at Costco, keep in mind that they will take returns anytime (even after several years, for example).