Skip to main content
Question

new app

• 10 July 2024
  • 6 replies

The new app is not great. I type in a music artist and it populates Top Songs by the artist and you cannot just shuffle all those songs and can only play one at a time. This ludicrous but am I doing something wrong? It’s ruining my time by the pool with my Arc, Sonos One surround sound and recently purchased Sonance outdoor speakers. Please advise. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The new app is not great. I type in a music artist and it populates Top Songs by the artist and you cannot just shuffle all those songs and can only play one at a time. This ludicrous but am I doing something wrong? It’s ruining my time by the pool with my Arc, Sonos One surround sound and recently purchased Sonance outdoor speakers. Please advise. 

(If you have Spotify as a Music Service):

In the Sonos Search bar, search the artist you want to play.

In the results, tap the artist under Spotify.

Tap “Top Tracks”

Tap Shuffle.

It might work the same way for other music services, but I know under Apple Music if you tap the Artist, it just brings up the list of albums and a Play button, not Top Tracks with Shuffle.

Advice is ditch the buggy AF new app and use SonoPhone ($3) iOS or reinstall the old 16.1 app on Android. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don't find you as helpful as I find myself… ;)

I don't find you as helpful as I find myself… ;)

I feel attacked 🤣

The new app is not great. I type in a music artist and it populates Top Songs by the artist and you cannot justv shuffle all those songs and can only play one at a time. This ludicrous but am I doing something wrong? It’s ruining my time by the pool with my Arc, Sonos One surround sound and recently purchased Sonance outdoor speakers. Please advise. 

Thank you Rhonny but I have Amazon Music Unlimited for music service  

Tap “Top Tracks”

Tap Shuffle.

It might work the same way for other music services, but I know under Apple Music if you tap the Artist, it just brings up the list of albums and a Play button, not Top Tracks with Shuffle.

Thank you Rhonny but I have Amazon Music Unlimited for music service  

Tap “Top Tracks”

Tap Shuffle.

One option is to save the chosen Artist’s Top Tracks as a ‘playlist’ in the native App of the music service that you’re using and let that feed through to the Sonos App, where it will allow playback of all tracks. By the way I have reported this issue to Sonos and they’re going to look into the matter, but my report centred around Amazon Music (Artist-Top Tracks) and Plex (Artist-Popular Tracks).