Skip to main content
Question

need help connecting local library to sonos

• 6 July 2024
  • 1 reply

PLEASE HELP ME

am i wrong or is something seriously wrong here? I can not access my music on sonos. I try to add my music library folder and get an error. im searching in the community and am thoroughly confused it seems that the feature is gone? theres a lot of talk about NAS which i dont understand and on simple google search leads me to more devices to buy in order listen to my music?

It did work before and doesnt now I feel like im being ripped off or im missing something simple.

I have music library that I can not add to the sonos platform. how do i do this.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though others also report having trouble finding their libraries, I do not know how you reached the conclusion the feature has gone. Sonos has removed two of the ways your Sonos system has had to reach the library though. Sadly this (long overdue) move has coincided with the release of the new app, confusing people about the cause of them losing access to their libraries. Only when your library is on an older NAS devices that does not support anything higher than SMBv1 the library cannot be reached anymore - and rightly so because of the safety concerns surrounding SMBv1

Since you do no mention where your library resides (could be a NAS because you tagged it I can only point you to https://support.sonos.com/en-au/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos