Skip to main content
Question

My Sonos system connection drops.

• 15 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I’m having a new connection problem with system you guys may be able to help me with. 

Whether be using my Sonos when playing Youtube on my Apple Laptop, or when playing music from the Spotify App on my iPhone, the wifi connection to my systems drops out of nowhere. 15-20 minutes into playing music, it just stops. I change the sound output on my device, and come back to my Sonos and it works again. The intervals between drops feel consistent to every 15-20 minute or so. 

Any thoughts would help. 

-J 

I was originally using Apple AirPlay with other speakers and was extremely frustrated with the lag and dropped connections. I stopped using AirPlay and went all in on Sonos because they never dropped a connection. I have at least 10 products on my network. Once I downloaded the new Sonos app, the problems started. Speakers will randomly disconnect and the volume adjusts by itself. Today, and why I’m writing this, I had all speakers grouped and was listening to music for hours. All of a sudden all speakers dropped connection except one and the one that was playing had turned the volume up loud by itself. Also when I ungroup one speaker, the others automatically raise the volume. Please fix the volume issues before working on secondary features like Alarms. I still have hope in Sonos.