Answered

My Sonos no longer plays my amazon playlist!!

• 14 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi, I recently updated my Sonos, (all seemed normal) I then came to play my playlist from Amazon and I keep getting the error message ‘cannot add songs to the queue’. It only does this to my playlist, (my husbands, kids etc all play fine!) with no other information. My playlist isn’t particularly long (500ish songs) and if I can’t resolve this my Sonos is pretty much useless for what I want to use it for! Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 April 2023, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cherise 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

500 songs is exactly the limit of the number of Amazon Music tracks that can be added to the play queue of a Sonos speaker, so if your playlist is a Sonos playlist (was made from within the Sonos app) then I’m afraid you have in fact hit the limit.

However, if the playlist in question is an Amazon Music playlist, rather than a Sonos playlist, you should be able to play up to 5,500 tracks - if this is the case, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

There is no way to export a Sonos playlist with the Sonos app to be used elsewhere, but I believe third-party-Sonos-app author @controlav will be able to assist you if you need to do so.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Note that personal playlists on Amazon that are more than 100 items in size are broken right now:

Thank you Corry for the callout, my iOS app (see profile) lets you export Sonos playlists then you can use SoundIIZ to import them into many music services. See https://support.soundiiz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018717099-Export-Sonos-playlists-and-transfer-them-with-Soundiiz

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @controlav 

Well pointed-out, but the “100 items” issue doesn’t return an error message. It’s definitely worth mentioning here for others who might think they have the same problem though - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @controlav 

Well pointed-out, but the “100 items” issue doesn’t return an error message. It’s definitely worth mentioning here for others who might think they have the same problem though - thanks!

It does for me on PC and iOS:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @controlav 

Apologies - I am not sure where I pulled that nonsense from! You are absolutely correct!

Well, after that embarrassment, @Cherise please note that we are aware of an issue with loading user-made Amazon Music playlists whereby it will not load more than 100 entries and then give the error message reported. We are investigating, but have no time-scale for a resolution to be made available. I’ll assume for now that the playlists belonging to your family members are shorter than 100 items and therefore load without issue.

In the meantime, you can play your Amazon playlist to Sonos by using the Amazon Music app.

I hope this helps, and thank you to @controlav for getting me back on track!

Had the same issue with one of my Amazon playlists with over 100 tracks.  Tried adding it again tonight and it worked.  Looks like they may have fixed the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I too experienced this a week or so back and assumed it was a Sonos issue (which I’m glad is openly confirmed here by Sonos Staff).

What’s interesting though is that I found a work around whereby you ask the Sonos Voice Assistant to play the Amazon Music playlist for you which it does so without issue.

This seems somewhat absurd though because if the Sonos Voice Assistant can launch the playlist via voice, why can’t you play the playlist via the Sonos app? Almost seems like they're processed in completely different ways which again is strange.

PS. And yes I just tested with the Sonos app this morning and I can also confirm that it seems to fixed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What’s interesting though is that I found a work around whereby you ask the Sonos Voice Assistant to play the Amazon Music playlist for you which it does so without issue.

This seems somewhat absurd though because if the Sonos Voice Assistant can launch the playlist via voice, why can’t you play the playlist via the Sonos app? Almost seems like they're processed in completely different ways which again is strange.

Yes they are completely different systems. If they were the same system, Sonos voice support would be universal across all supported music services, but for some reason the voice stuff does not use SMAPI (which is what the apps use) from what I can tell. That isn’t how I would do it and in fact, that isn’t how I DID do it back in the day.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded. I’m glad to hear that it is an actual issue rather than just me. I’ll try the playlist again later and update. Thanks 😊