My Sonos contents destroyed

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am a long-time Sonos user and have quite a bit of content saved in My Sonos.  Must of the content is composed of links to songs and albums in Deezer, my primary music service.  Several days ago, while attempting to browse Deezer, Sonos informed me that the service was no longer active and that I would need to re-connect to the service.  So I proceeded to delete the Deezer service and re-add it, which completed successfully.  However, when the service was deleted, all of the links in My Sonos became instantly invalid (i.e. they are now greyed out).  Re-adding the service did not re-activate the links and I am now faced with having to re-create the entire contents of My Sonos.

I don’t recall ever receiving a warning that My Sonos links could be wiped out like this.  And there has never been a way to back up the My Sonos content to avoid an unfortunate event like this one.  I have always been a happy Sonos user, but not so much any more. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AustinJerry 

Thanks for your post!

I’m very sorry to hear of this - it must be very frustrating!

I’ve consulted with a colleague as this sounds most unusual - he reported that Deezer might have changed some things on their back-end that resulted in the link between your Sonos system and your Deezer account needing remade (the service icon has certainly changed). As a result, the “shortcuts” to your favoured songs in the Sonos app no longer work. For what it’s worth, we don’t believe that this was intentional on their part, but there is no known way to circumvent the fact that your My Sonos favourites to Deezer tracks no longer work.

I would recommend that you now mark your favourites on Deezer itself - you can do so by hitting the heart icon on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app, and you can then browse your favourites from within the Deezer container in the Sonos app. I believe there are even online tools that let you migrate favourites from one music service to another, should you opt to change service at some point in the future.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you for the useful reply, Corry!