Music Stops after an hour+

• 14 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Sonos stops playing JazzGrove music after about an hour or two. Have to open ap and hit play button and music play will resume

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @gregbillington.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Try the basic things first, the most common cause of music interruption is wifi interference, there might be one or other device messing up the wifi signal or the speaker itself is not getting a good signal from the modem or router that's why the signal got disconnected.

I’d also be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes, and test it again

Let me go ahead and check your speaker by submitting a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The issue is not believed Wifi related, only happening only when on JazzGroove station. Runs steady, playing songs for an hour or so, then stops. Only need to open up a controller and hit play again to start the music. All speakers stop playing music when it occurs. This issue is not with Pandora or Amazon stations, only when using JazzGroove.. Submitted a diagnostic report,1454402148.

The music stoppage occurred right now, attached diagnostic report1670926390. I hit the play icon and all stated play as normal.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @gregbillington.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

How about doing a network refresh by doing this all cache on the speaker along with the network will refresh.

I’ve noticed on the recent diagnostic report that there some wifi interference.

Also if this still doesn't work out, we also suggest contacting the music services since Sonos has no control over the service, it's just doing whats is being told by the music services.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.