Skip to main content
Answered

Music Library Problems

• 2 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a SONOS Playbar, and am running SONOS 2 controller for Mac.  Version 12.2,  Sonos OS  S2,  Build: 61182310  Sonos ID: 114287825.

My problem is that I can not establish a connection to my Music Library(iTunes Music) on my iMac without getting an error message.  Therefore I cannot play music. The music library does NOT appear in window, and the error message states:

Sonos was unable to add the music folder

Access to the shared folder ‘//Michaels-iMac/Music’ is denied - check the username and/or password.

Last week I called the Sonos technical support and attempted to resolve this problem  for over an hour to no resolution.  The Tech elevated this problem to a higher level and he sent me an email to establish an appointment.  My appointment with higher level Tech resolved the problem after several minutes, with this Tech accessing my ‘screen’ and typing in the path to my Music Library which established the connection and I could see all of my playlist and music.  

The remedy to my problem was short lived however as the problem re-established itself after the computer was turned off.  After turning my iMac back on, the Sonos OS lost the connection to my music library and the same problem started again.

I can play music utilizing the Sonos Radio as well as Tune-In Radio.

The most interesting fact regarding this problem is that I have three accounts on this Mac.  My account,  my wife account, and an account I call Testrouble which is an Administrative account that i use to attempt to test and remedy problems like this one.    When I attempt to use Sonos to play music under this account my music appears normally, and plays normally as well, however when I go to Manage>Music Library Settings and the window listing the Music Library is COMPLETELY BLANK.

What is happening here?  Why/how does my Music play, whether I queue it up from the main list or from  any of my playlists?

I NEED HELP!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Marlinspike51, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Music library and thanks for tall the information that you provided, So we can check the status of your Music library, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. Also for us to check if there are any errors and issues with it.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello Simon B,

I just submitted the diagnostic Information for my system.  The confirmation is 1315995316

I hope you can help me out.

Thank you

Marlinspike51

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Marlinspike51, thanks for the update and the diagnostic report that you sent, upon checking, I can’t find any issues with the Sonos system so I’m thinking that there could be some settings on the Mac or the device controller which is blocking Sonos to add your Music library. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They will request remote access to your Mac and check some settings to figure out why you’re getting this error message and give additional options to add your Music library on Sonos.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.