Answered

Music Library not found

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

My system is two Play 1 speakers connected at 5GHz to a TalkTalk router (TalkTalk Hub). Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same SSID. I have controller apps (S2) on iPad, Android phone and a Win11 Laptop also connected at 5GHz.

My problem is that for roughly 50% of the time Sonos fails to find my music library which is on the laptop, reporting that the media server can’t be found.  Mostly, but not always, restarting the laptop resolves the issue. 

On opening an S2 app, during the “searching for your Sonos system” few seconds, a transient message appears saying that one of my devices might be unplugged (which it isn’t). Both speakers play.

Any ideas as to how to avoid these frequent and annoying laptop restarts?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 June 2023, 03:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Any chance this laptop or the hard drive on the laptop are ‘asleep’, due to power saving settings? Sonos is, to my mind, notoriously impatient, and doesn’t react well to waiting for things to spin up and respond.

You might, of course, submit a diagnostic after one of these events, and call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. There would likely be a definite reason in those log files that we mortals do not have access to. 

Thanks, Bruce

I have my laptop on permanently (screen off, lid closed  when not ‘in use’) - so that Sonos can use it. This situation has got worse since a router change (same model). Now I’m getting messages when I open the app that Sonos seems to be on the same system as my device “let’s fix it”.  I think you’re right about submitting a diagnostic to Sonos (when I can figure out how to).

Here’s how to submit a system diagnostic.

Thanks again,Bruce