Music Library Disappearing Overnight

• 14 September 2022
  • 27 replies

Badge

I’ve read several similar issues but there doesn’t seem to be a resolution so thought I’d ask. 
Sonos reads the music library from my Western Digital MYCloudEX2Ultra NAS, all the files are there from a sync between my Mac iTunes library and my NAS. Been using this method for several years without issue. Recently, probably the past couple of weeks, when I open the iPhone app or the Mac app, the library has disappeared and a music index update is needed to get the files back. As I said, never had this issue before, and have been linking to the same NAS for several years. 
I’ve checked and there is only one path in the library setup and the NAS is on 24/7. 
Anyone know why this has started happening?

Thanks

Martin

27 replies

Thank you @Ken_Griffiths for your help.

Yes, I have uninstall and reinstall the local library on a other Nas My Cloud EX Ultra, I have rebooted my router and also all the speakers but the problem is always there.

Now, I try an other thing, I have disabled the automatic schedule for the library, maybe that the problem comes from this ?

I am lost because until now I have not problem with this configuration.

Greetings.

Have you tried though removing the library ‘index’ from the speakers, rebooting them and reinstalling the index?  That means removing the library path from the Sonos App, (‘Settings/System/Music Library/Music Library Setup’) rebooting the speakers and then adding the path back and re-indexing the library again?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Ken_Griffiths 

No, I have no try this option.

I go to check for this and I keep you informed.

Thank you for this new help.

Kind regards.