Skip to main content
Answered

Multiple empty album copies

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I followed the instructions on my MAC and worked around the 913 error by creating the path to my library as if it were a NAS. Everything was fine until last week’s update and now most of my albums are listed multiple times in Sonos and the majority of them are empty. (Example below) I have tried deleting and reloading and even using the real NAS version of my library, but without any change. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Sorry, no solution, just following this because I’m seeing the same issue.  It’s completely inconsistent.  I pulled up one artist where, of the five albums, 3 were listed only once (yay), 1 was listed 3 times, and 1 was listed 8 times.  It’s all over the place.

It’s harmless, but just so annoyingly broken.

Thanks for your response. I enjoy the commiseration. It is actually not “harmless” since on many of the multiple listed albums, the contents are blank.

Is it just with compilation albums as per your example?
If so then check out this thread...

Ross.

No. I fould albums that are not compilation (and do not reside in the compilation folder) that have shown up with multiple (empty) copies.

Me too. I recommend waiting until this is fixed. Don’t modify your library. SONOS accesses the library in read only mode. 

Sonos messed up any album that has different artists in it.  The way I tag albums with multiple artists is Artist = (actual artist) & Album Artist = Various.  In my sample album I’ll say there are 12 tracks, all different artists. Sonos in the Albums category displays that album as 12 different albums with nothing inside any of them.  So I went into that album and changed each track tag so that Album Artist matched Artist.  For example track 03 was the artist Argent so I changed the Album Artist tag from Various to Argent.  Did this to all twelve tracks.  After a rescan I had 12 albums but now each one had one track in it.

Have not tried this yet but I’ll bet if I change the tags so that Artist = Various & Album Artist = Various I’ll get one album rather than 12 albums.  Will have to try that.  Meanwhile folder view works.