Skip to main content
Answered

Moving Sonos and MP3 Files to new Laptop - Can't now find MP3 Files

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi.

I have a Sonos 2 soundbars I can access and control it from my Android phone and my Old Windows Laptop.

On my old Windows Laptop I have a music folder of MP3 files. I can play these files through my sonos from my Android Phone and Old Laptop.

I now have a new windows laptop which I've installed Sonos onto and I can play radio stations and control which Room/Soundbar the music goes to etc.

I've transferred the MP3 files from the old laptop to the new ones into a MUSIC folder. In Sonos app on the new laptop, I’ve added the MUSIC folder Sonos etc

However I now can't see these MP3 files when I use my Android phone.

I think I've missed an important setup step to allow my phone to see these files and play them.

I can play them fine when playing direct from the new laptop windows Sonos app

What do I need to do to allow my phone to see the music files on my New Windows laptop. I assume I need to set Sonos to share these files?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Follow the instructions in this article to set up your music library in the Sonos app:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Thank you very much