Skip to main content

Moved - now spotify lag

• 16 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone. Apologies for the elementary vocab/understanding. I am not super savvy on tech. Anyway, I used to live in an apartment and had a Beam Gen 2 and Sub Mini. My Wi-fi was Verizon fios gigabit connection. I had my Sonos products hooked up to my LG Oled c1 and my phone for Spotify. Spotify used to run on that seamlessly. I never had any issues jumping back and forth between playing Spotify content and listening to something I was streaming on my TV. 

I just moved to a townhome and upgraded wifi to Verizon’s new 2 gigabit connection. At first there were some weird wrinkles with our new connection (content looked blurry/wouldnt load fully) but now that seems to be sorted out. However, I am experiencing major lags in my spotify streaming. I will start a song and won’t hear it start playing for a good 3 seconds after. If I jump to a part in the song, it won't respond for a few seconds. Apple Music works very well. 

I am just confused because it used to work perfectly well, now I am experiencing some issues. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like an iffy router (or maybe just poorly configured), what did they give you?

If problems persist you might need to use a decent router instead. Sounds like you have fiber, so you can just put the Verizon one in the trash and plug in something more sensible.