Answered

Most YTM songs unavailable to play. Is there any solution to get them at least on the roam speaker?

• 18 October 2022
  • 1 reply

After reading many similar complaints, I understood Sonos considers it is up to YT to fix the issue. I do not agree because I chose Sonos because it is YT compatible. If it is not compatible, Sonos is lying when they say they include the YouTube Service. 

For my part, most of my playlists have missing songs, and some even have all the songs unavailabe!

I am very disappointed because the devices are very good, and the app is also nice. 

icon

Best answer by John B 18 October 2022, 10:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi

You may disagree that it is YTM’s responsibility to fix this, but that doesn’t change the facts.  Sonos offer a free, open API that any service can use to put itself on the Sonos platform.  By all accounts, YTM have not done this well.  It’s odd, because there was a good integration of YTM’s predecessor, Google Play Music, which was also the first streaming service to play from the native app through Sonos.

Despite this, I very much doubt that it is as bad as your thread title suggests.  If it is true for you then you probably have another, local issue that needs to be addressed.

Amazon Music Unlimited and many other services work much better through Sonos.  You might consider switching streaming service providers, although I would understand a reluctance to do so.