Question

Many of my Deezer favourite albums do not appear in Sonos

• 22 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have been compiling an extensive list of favourite artists and their albums in my new Deezer app. (I have always used Apple Music in the past but wanted to stream in Flac)I have just noticed that not all of my favourites show up in my Sonos app. For example, I have 18 Dave Matthews Band albums favourited on my Deezer app but only 1 shows up on Sonos. This happens fo most of my artists. My list of favourite albums is large and may reach its Deezer limit, but surely my Deezer content should just be mirrored in Sonos? My app is run on ios. Thanks for any help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How many favorite albums show up in Sonos exactly? Some music services have bugs that limit list sizes to 100 or 200 (YTM is the most prevalent of those).

Thanks for the quick reply. It is exactly 500. Either this exact round number is pure coincidence or you are right,I have hit a limit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the quick reply. It is exactly 500. Either this exact round number is pure coincidence or you are right,I have hit a limit?

Seems a bit of a coincidence. Sonos grabs music service list data in “gulp sizes” of 100 at a time (by default), so for services that are simply broken (eg YTM) it just stops there. However as you are seeing 500, that is more likely a deliberate limit imposed by Deezer, as opposed to lazy programmers not bothering to implement “paging” (eg YTM). You should check with Deezer if that is indeed a limit on their SMAPI service.

I will thanks. I tried there online chat help and,to be honest, I am pretty sure the topic was not in their training programme ie a bit vague.