Skip to main content
Answered

Manage Your System: Missing "My Music Folders on Sonos" option

• 20 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have downloaded the latest Sonos app but I still can’t access my playlists off of my Windows 10 desktop computer.  I can access my music just fine, also located on said desktop.

The Sonos website instructs me to go “from the Manage menu and select Music Library Settings.  I found something called, “Your System MANAGE”; I assume this is the right place. From here, the Sonos web instructions say to go to the section for “My music folders on Sonos,” select + (plus) on macOS, or Add if you are using Windows.”  Under the “Manage Menu” I don’t eveb have an option for Music Library Settings at all.  I have “About Your System, Alarms, Audio Compression, Date & Time, + 6 other items.”

I have an iPhone 11 running the last iOS.

How do I import my playlists folder from my PC which disappeared when Sonos released its latest app?

Thanks.

2 replies

I have the same problem, which means I haven’t been able to use my Sonos system since May. I cannot get through to telephone support, which used to be superb, and the patches have not addressed the problem. I am using  a Mac with Catalina

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I was able to get to it via my desktop app (PC), but I should be able to access it from the app.  But even my access via my PC gave me a 913 error.  I don’t know that this will help on a Mac.

A quick search around the forum shows the following as the fix for error 913 - it’s  just a folder permission error on the PC…

Right click on the Music folder and click on PROPERTIES at the bottom of the menu.
Click on the SHARE tab and then click on the first SHARE button…

A new window opens and you click on the ‘v’ drop-down list option next to the ADD button.
Click on "Sonos Wireless HiFi System" then click on the ADD button and finally click on SHARE.
Open your Sonos app on your PC and add your music library.