Skip to main content
Question

Losing connection to my local music on NAS - hard to reconnect

• 21 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Searching for your own music is obviously challenged by Sonos’ terrible new app. However, I have managed to get the app to detect my large music collection… where I can then scroll endlessly through my 6000 albums on my NAS. But now I’m also experiencing that Sonos loses connection to my own music collection, after which I have to set up the library all over again. Additionally, I have to split my collection into parts and add it piece by piece to the library - because if I do it all at once, Sonos fails. Why can’t Sonos add all 6000 albums at once, as I could before the new app?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue… and also since the disastrous update earlier this year.  Prior to that, connection to my music library on the NAS was stable.  Now, it needs to be reconnected approximately weekly…  It is probably an automated update but I haven’t diagnosed which…   I don’t have the issue of multiple connections as I don’t have 6,000 albums but it is still tiresome to see Music Library not on the app and then having to go and reconnect and wait for it to sync.

At least with Crowdstrike last week (July 19) it was fixed within 24 hrs and once rolled out the fix stayed.  Sonos have been messing with this for months now and still don’t have it stable.

Sonos… You need to do better…  I will give you a 100% commitment that I will not purchase another component until this is again stable… and any end of life components will be replaced with another vendor’s product.

Not everyone relies solely on Spotify for their music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Update the app. Music library fixes today.

Userlevel 1

So far, the library is back… Let’s see how long that lasts this time.   (Yeah, colour me jaded & cynical… Sonos earned that)