Skip to main content
Answered

Local time setting and alarms

Running 80.01.11

To have a 6.00am Alarm work on time I need to set it for 8.30pm. I’m in South Australia which is +9.30 UTC hence the adjustment I needed to make. Manual shows Local Time setting option but that option doesn’t appear in my settings list. Alarm setting shouldn’t be a math test! Is anyone else have this problem? 

20 replies

Yes I was pleased to see this morning that an app upgrade has added alarms back in.  However mine fired in GMT not BST.   I am trying to work out if I can set daylight saving.  

Badge

A couple of questions if I could please. Assume BST is your summertime designation? Was your GMT correct but only not adjusted for Summertime? What app version are you on? And lastly in your Settings>Manage do you have a settings option for Date & Time?

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. My Sonos Alarm is exactly 2 hours off, which is exactly the difference to my current timezone (GMT +2). Unfortunately, the setting: Date & Time isn’t available currently in the app. I hope that they can fix it rapidly. 

Did you guys get a fix? Mine is still og by 2 hours

No, no fix yet…

Badge

No fix here either. Contacted Sonos Support in Australia and the operative said it will be fixed in the mid June app update. Notwithstanding his response I got the feeling that he wasn’t aware of it and just punted that it would be fixed in the “silver bullet” next update. My Settings menu still has no Date and Time function. I’m on the latest firmware for app and speakers. There are some other odd occurrences with my Alarms, like Radio stations not playing and substituted with the Sonos Chime. I’m hanging in, just!

Badge

Hi

Just updated to 80.02.04. Some awaited fix’s included which has importantly improved usability in a number of areas. Sleep timer is back, hooray! However Date and Time function in Settings Menu still missing so I still have to set Alarms +9.5 hours adjustment to have them operate on time. It would seem this is not a universal problem as otherwise community feedback would be off the scale. Australian support is approachable but not helpful on this question. Help needed. Have any thread contributors contacted their local support on this issue? What was the response? 

Same issue here. Alarm is off 4 hours (as in I have to set the time I want +4). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Same issue here. Sonos is using UTC for the time with no option to correct it.

We have the same problem, it’s sad that Sonos had un app that was good for our usage’s and did a worse one. 

Badge

I am in Singapore (GMT +8). To have alarm at 05:30am, I have to set alarm time at 9:30pm the night before. 😓

Badge

I have managed to sort this on my system. Please see 

The code to pass for Adelaide was 64 I think, maybe 65.  Hope this helps. 

Badge

Updated to latest firmware this morning. Still no fix for Date and Time. Settings Menu continues to not show this option which is clearly included in the User Manual Settings outline. There is no option to select local time GMT adjustment anywhere, including in my account via Sonos.com
Again a 6:00am alarm needs to be set for 8:30pm to allow for GMT difference. How hard can this be for Sonos to fix? This is beyond tiresome. Sonos finding plenty of resources to push Ace Headphones but not fix all issues with the App. Ace Headphones don’t even function as a Sonos speaker, that is for example you can’t listen to a streamed podcast wirelessly through the headphones. In my view this is ridiculous. 

Would be Nice if sonos could make an official statement, its kinda anonying.

Badge

Yes, I agree. I’m surprised there is not more noise about this. Australian Sonos Support advised it would be fixed in the mid-June update. Well it wasn’t. I’m managing but puzzled as to why what must be a relatively simple fix is taking so long. I’ll wait and hate!

Same problem here, Sonos is lacking 

Badge

Now fixed in the latest firmware update 80.04.04. Settings Menu now has Date and Time function.

Only took 2 months!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Now fixed in the latest firmware update 80.04.04. Settings Menu now has Date and Time function.

Only took 2 months!

I have updated to the latest iOS app and there are no updates available for my system - Version: 16.2 (build 79154060). But I can’t find the timezone setting anywhere. Any advice? I’m currently an hour out.

Badge

HI

You have updated the speaker hardware from the App which is good but to get the fix referred to you must update your Sonos App in the usual way through the App Store. That will give you the 80.04.04 update and the Date & Time function will then appear in the App Settings Menu. (The same place that you would have actioned the speaker firmware update to 16.2 you referred to). Go for it!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Managed to work it out. It was to do with my pihole blocking cdn.optimizely.com. All works now that is on the white list.