Skip to main content

Local Media Gone

• 10 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Updated to the new app today and all local media devices are no longer available. I thought it was a bad move from Sonos when the ‘S1’ and ‘S2’ apps came out which was basically saying the older Sonos products should be replaced. Now, we’ve got this update and one of the main reasons for using Sonos is completely gone.

I feel like I’ve wasted time and money on these products that I can’t really get back.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

Totally concur…the loss of access to local media SUCKS!!

Updated to the new app today and all local media devices are no longer available. I thought it was a bad move from Sonos when the ‘S1’ and ‘S2’ apps came out which was basically saying the older Sonos products should be replaced. Now, we’ve got this update and one of the main reasons for using Sonos is completely gone.

I feel like I’ve wasted time and money on these products that I can’t really get back.

Local library playback has not been removed.   Are you looking for assistance ?

The update completely removed my music library. When I try to add it again, it is saying access denied. 

Every single update has made things worse for me!

Why can’t they just offer the previous version until this one gets sorted out?