Skip to main content

SO, there has been an update…. Local Library is back...HOWEVER I can not add it to my Sonos . Ive followed everything on here ...IS THERE SOMETHING IM MISSING ????? 

I managed to get it to recognise my external drive as a NAS and it worked ...BUT AGAIN since the update for the Local library IM NOW UNABLE TO EVEN DO THAT ….IT USED TO BE SO SIMPLE TO ADD YOUR LIBRARY. 

IM SLOWLY LOSING HOPE THAT THIS WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS IT WAS BEFORE THID NEW APP.

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLP

Mac or PC? Have you read the docs at https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257

Mac desktop 

And yes I've followed all the instructions...

Mac desktop 

And yes I've followed all the instructions...

Ok, so what exactly is the problem?

I'm getting error 913 if I add it as a file path 

And Its saying wrong password or user name of I add it as a NAS device 

Neither work ...and yes my use name and password are correct 

I've deleted the app ... reinstalled it etc etc and followed all the advice for guest sharing and sharing files with sonos 

It just won't add the library 

I've also copied my library to the desktop and tried adding it from there . Still nothing

I had to do the following on Windows 10:

1. Activate SMB2
  2. Create a Local Account not tied to Microsoft.
  3. Share the Local Account for the share folder.
  4. Browse to that folder in Sonos PC app.

As I said . I'm using an imac desktop computer.

Any Apple users with any advice would be appreciated.

ChatGPT says error 913 on Mac is due to this:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/shared-folder-not-added-due-to-unsupported-file-system

Meanwhile

Thanks for your response. The external disc is formatted to iOS and Mac extended 

It was working until the update of the new app. I also had it working 3 days ago and but it wasn't finding all the files 

It would find all the albums but only play some of the tracks .

Now I can't add any folder either on the Mac or external. 

So I have no idea what's going on 

Update .

I spent 2 hours with Sonos tech yesterday on the phone . Robert was amazing and calm and very understanding.

We went thru everything that you had all suggested , file sharing ✓ Checking permissions ✓ etc etc .

Just a note .... ONLY the "Add files from NAS device"  works the other two options don't. It was the file path that wasn't being recognised and we had to physically type it in . For some reason copy and pasting it just wouldn't cut it. The fact that Sonos use forward slash instead of backslash in its coding really has an impact . 

My library added ...however having 41k of tracks we didn't wait for it to load while on the phone . After it added the whole library it came up with a message . Not all filed could be added as memory was insufficient. Now Sonos said max of 65k tracks and were at 41k so shouldn't have mattered. Also it said edit and delete Queues to allow library didn't make sense as I had nothing on any speaker in a queue.

I've searched randomly for tracks albums and so far all are there and accessible.

However artwork is not there . Not that important but needs a addressing .

Thank you all for your responses . Hope this helps other people who may be experiencing similar issues.

The file count is only one of the limits and only support can see your data so submit a new diagnostic and contact support to see what your internal data shows.

After months I got mine working (on a different Mac) last night. Be sure you follow these permissions. The app doesn’t modify these automatically, I had to adjust mine manually. Hope this fixes it for you.

1. Select the Apple logo at the top-left of your screen, then select System Settings.
  2. In your macOS System Settings, select General, then select Sharing.
  3. Make sure File Sharing is enabled, then select the information icon next to File Sharing to open your sharing settings.
  4. Under Shared Folders, select the + (plus) icon, then select the folder on your Mac that contains the music files you want to share with Sonos.
  5. After adding your music folder, select it in the Shared Folders section and check the Users section on the right.
    1. Set the permissions for your user account to Read & Write.
    2. Set the permissions for “Everyone” are to Read Only.
  6. Next, select the Options button.
    1. Verify that Share files and folders using SMB is enabled.
    2. Under Windows File Sharing, make sure the On box is checked next to your user account. You will use the username and password for this account when adding the library to Sonos.

Update .

I spent 2 hours with Sonos tech yesterday on the phone . Robert was amazing and calm and very understanding.

We went thru everything that you had all suggested , file sharing ✓ Checking permissions ✓ etc etc .

Just a note .... ONLY the "Add files from NAS device"  works the other two options don't. It was the file path that wasn't being recognised and we had to physically type it in . For some reason copy and pasting it just wouldn't cut it. The fact that Sonos use forward slash instead of backslash in its coding really has an impact . 

My library added ...however having 41k of tracks we didn't wait for it to load while on the phone . After it added the whole library it came up with a message . Not all filed could be added as memory was insufficient. Now Sonos said max of 65k tracks and were at 41k so shouldn't have mattered. Also it said edit and delete Queues to allow library didn't make sense as I had nothing on any speaker in a queue.

I've searched randomly for tracks albums and so far all are there and accessible.

However artwork is not there . Not that important but needs a addressing .

Thank you all for your responses . Hope this helps other people who may be experiencing similar issues.

Welshwales… I’m on an iMac as well. Your comment “The fact that Sonos use forward slash instead of backslash in its coding really has an impact.”  Did you use “ / “  or  “ \ “ when you input your network path(s)?  Do your libraries now show up on your iOS iPhone Sonos app?  Mine do not and haven’t since the debacle that is the new mobile app. I updated to the latest one this morning and still nothing under Your Sources.

When you copy and paste it is the opposite. You have to change all of the / to \ and a double one at the beginning of the file path ...Ie. \\Library\itunes etc etc .

You also need to begin it with your computer name. \\johndoe\music ect.

Yes my library shows on iOS iPad and android ...however you I can only edit my library location on my imac so not sure if that's different if you don't have iMac.

I did download the Sonophone app onto my iPad Which Is amazing but paid £3.99 not sure what that is in $ it's less clunky than the Sonos app

When you copy and paste it is the opposite. You have to change all of the / to \ and a double one at the beginning of the file path ...Ie. \\Library\itunes etc etc .

You also need to begin it with your computer name. \\johndoe\music ect.

Yes my library shows on iOS iPad and android ...however you I can only edit my library location on my imac so not sure if that's different if you don't have iMac.

I did download the Sonophone app onto my iPad Which Is amazing but paid £3.99 not sure what that is in $ it's less clunky than the Sonos app

Well, that’s the opposite direction of how I’ve set mine - as per their instructions. Mine show up on both of my iMacs’ Sonos desktop controllers but, not on the mobile app. Did you update the firmware in your speakers via the new Sonos mobile app?

My system is up-to-date with all speakers. I'm running 19 different types from play ones to era 100 , ray , playbase , beams and play bar etc.

I had updates set to auto which is why I got caught out in the 1st place.

You have never been able to see your library path in the phone apps from memory.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US

My system is up-to-date with all speakers. I'm running 19 different types from play ones to era 100 , ray , playbase , beams and play bar etc.

I had updates set to auto which is why I got caught out in the 1st place.

You have never been able to see your library path in the phone apps from memory.

Nope. Nothing since the ill fated app release.  I suppose I should try updating the firmware and see what I lose when I do that. :)  As for the network path Back vs Forward slashes… I attach a screen grab from Sonophone set-up.  Both Sonophone AND my iMacs desktop controllers can see these NAS designations (minus iTunes; I deleted that one… somehow) but not my iPhone. I’m growing weary of having to do my own IT work considering the price we paid for our hardware.  You especially have spent a small fortune!  (Note: I reinstalled the Mac S2 controller to get back at least some functionality.)