Answered

Livephish+/Nugs.net not working in new app

Userlevel 2

Is anyone using the new app able to successfully browse music within LivePhish+ or nugs.net? all works just fine in previous versions...and while I can authorize the services now, there’s no ability to play music or browse them

icon

Best answer by Strat1117 13 May 2024, 19:44

View original

27 replies

Nugs is not working for me as well.

Called. Rebooted router, reauthorized nugs etc.

Still shows error. Hoping an update soon will tackle this..

Following this.  I also can’t use these services since the upgrade.  

Same here. Waiting for an update I guess (eye roll).

Same.. Only allows to “search”, not browse LP, but then gives an error message if you do try to search…. Update for the update?

I fairly new to Sonos. Are they good about fixing these bugs?

I feel like every major update nugs and LP don’t work at first.   Don’t have any hard evidence, just a familiar feeling that I’ve been here before. 

I feel like every major update nugs and LP don’t work at first.   Don’t have any hard evidence, just a familiar feeling that I’ve been here before. 

I mean, should we be surprised that the devel team at Nugs maybe had too many edibles and didn't get the programming done in time for the new app launch? 

I agree that with every major update nugs stops working. I am not able to use LP or Nugs since the update. I can click on the icon in the library, and it just says there is no content available. Bout to break out the old CD book of burned shows….

Same.. Only allows to “search”, not browse LP, but then gives an error message if you do try to search…. Update for the update?

I fairly new to Sonos. Are they good about fixing these bugs?

It seems like the fixes to Spotify or Apple Music take precedent and the fixes for Nugs and LP take a while or dont get addressed at all. Just my opinion though.  

I mean, should we be surprised that the devel team at Nugs maybe had too many edibles and didn't get the programming done in time for the new app launch? 

Hahaha. That seems like a totally plausible scenario. 

Piling on here.  I’m having the same issue as the rest of you. I’ve tried the whole remove the service, readd, reauthorize route but not working.  This approach did work for other services I was having trouble with after the app update (TuneIn).  Glad I’m not the only one.  I don’t recall this being an issue with previous app updates but maybe I blocked that out.

C’mon Sonos/Nugs, let’s get this sorted.

Nugs service works on an old tablet that I didn't update. But does not work on phone that updated.

Hopefully enough people complain that the fix is relatively soon

Every time there is an update this happens to me on Nugs as well. 

It appears if using the Direct Sonos interface via a PC that I still have access and may browse Nugs.

On my phone, which auto-updated the app, overnight, I no longer can browse shows on Nugs.  

Other services are working.

Fix them all! Beta test these before roll-outs!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just wanted to echo that I also have this issue with the new app and Nugs. I’d love to be able to roll back to the last version on iOS. You would think that would be something Sonos would do by publishing the last build of the S2 app and this new version as separate downloads until this all gets worked out. 

Same problem. App sucks 

I wasted my time on the chat. Was told to uninstall and reinstall Nugs. Didn’t work. Waste of time. Done with Sonos. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got this from Nugs:

Sorry for the trouble you're having.

Unfortunately, the latest update to the Sonos app has negatively affected a number of streaming services including nugs.net, LivePhish.com, Tidal, Deezer, etc. 

We have escalated the issues to Sonos and are awaiting a reply from them. 

I will let you know when there is an update. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best, Rosie

nugs.net / LivePhish.com Customer Service

Same here - combined with services that have disappeared on the new app but still visible on desktop (TuneIn), this new version hasn’t been a great experience...

Got this from Nugs:

Sorry for the trouble you're having.

Unfortunately, the latest update to the Sonos app has negatively affected a number of streaming services including nugs.net, LivePhish.com, Tidal, Deezer, etc. 

We have escalated the issues to Sonos and are awaiting a reply from them. 

I will let you know when there is an update. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best, Rosie

nugs.net / LivePhish.com Customer Service

Man - they work poor Rosie like a dog…. She has answered every one of my support tickets to Nugs as well ;-) 

Rosie does it all! Also please get livephish working - Trey’s on tour LETS GO! 

Once I updated the Sonos app which we’ve been waiting a decade or more for, the only service that matters just broke. I’m on an iPhone 14 max and have the latest iOS updates. Live Phish does not load on the Sonos app. Can’t search or browse. Nothing loads. Should I go yell at Brad at Nugs instead ? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Double post

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just another adding his voice to the tide of complaints. I’m having the exact same issue, and the primary reason I got a Port was to stream LP+ HiFi to my main music system. I think Sonos owes us all a LOT of money for destroying an already flawed app and making it virtually useless. Shameful.

Already reached out to LP, but I see Rosie’s response above - I’m sure I’ll be told the same. Guess I’m paying for nothing. Maybe time for all of us to demand refunds, not only for our Sonos equipment that Sonos has rendered useless, but for the money we are spending on expensive services that can no longer be used.

Same problem did all of the suggested fixes from tech support and was left unresolved.

Since new sonos App Live Phish is dead.  What does Sonos say?  Beuller……..

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got a message from LP that It JUST went back up. I checked and it’s working. Whew!